Version 1 Derry / Londonderry
Senior Front End Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Having recently celebrated our 25th year in the IT industry, we at Version 1 continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer, and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on our ‘Strength in Balance‘ and is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver. If you are passionate about the work you do, keen to deliver excellence, and up for a challenge to be innovative and part of the future, then we would love to meet you
If you are an experienced Frontend developer and looking for your next challenge and wanted to be a part of Digital Transformation project then this role is for you. Keep reading!!
- You will join a team responsible for migrating a Frontend from AngularJS to latest generation TypeScript-based web framework – REACT or Angular 13.
- Responsible for the design, development, enhancement, triage, and debugging of Frontend applications.
- Ensuring that all key technical requirements are identified, estimated, designed, documented, implemented and integration tested.
- Producing detailed technical specifications based on business requirements documents.
- Ensuring that consistent design patterns, methodologies, and design documentation are maintained across all of your development projects.
- Ensuring urgent customer issues are resolved through triaging, troubleshooting and quickly applying solutions to any identified problems
Things we desire:
- 5+ Years' experience in commercial Front End Development
- 3+ years of Angular 2 > 9
- Expert with RxJS
- Expert knowledge of both legacy as well as SPA web architectures
Things we admire:
- Experienced in developing responsive UI's.
- Experience of developing enterprise web applications.
- Experience with Agile and leading agile teams.
- Financial / Life Assurance background an advantage.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share bonus each quarter, pension matching, private medical, flexible working, education assistance support and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is key to all we do, and we ensure that everyone has equal opportunity to join us here. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experiences, as we believe that difference is what makes us stronger.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: April 27, 2022
At Version 1, we are extremely proud to be named the 6th Best Workplace in the United Kingdom, following last night’s Great Place to Work™ UK Awards in London. Having previously placed as the 20th...
Blog: April 20, 2022
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I finished high school with a diploma in product design and did not pursue...