Version 1 Derry / Londonderry
Application Solution Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is ranked as 3rd Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked as the 2nd Best place to work in Ireland!
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights.
As an Application Solution Architect you will:
- Lead the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers.
- Take full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation.
- Establish policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and coordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency.
- Identify and manage evolving needs within business areas, including the ability to deal with changes in priority; and
- Assess and impact changes and make adjustments to delivery plans and targets.
- Design an n-tier application architecture and contribute to the development and delivery of “complex IT applications” involving integrated web-based systems using a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Lead projects through envisioning and design phases, ensuring proposed solutions adhere to the designated Enterprise architecture and other relevant policies, strategies and standards during development and deployment phases;
- Create functional/non-functional design components;
- Create logical architecture
- Communicate the overall technical design to governance bodies and technical delivery teams
- Control a multi-team delivery environment to ensure successful end to end solution design and delivery;
- Diagnose system problems in “complex IT applications;”
- Provide guidance, architectural oversight and technical leadership during detailed design, build, test and deployment phases of projects;
- Provide visible technical leadership and design authority within the relevant practice or project; and
- Work with a range of other internal and external resources to design and deliver solutions that best meet an articulated need.
- Object oriented C#
- .NET Framework, version 3.5 or later
- MS SQL Server 2008 or later
- MS Component Services (WCF)
- Angular JS
- MS IIS 7.5 or later
- MS Visual Studio 2010 or later
- SOAP, REST and JSON
- Microsoft Azure Service Bus
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: April 27, 2022
At Version 1, we are extremely proud to be named the 6th Best Workplace in the United Kingdom, following last night’s Great Place to Work™ UK Awards in London. Having previously placed as the 20th...
Blog: April 20, 2022
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I finished high school with a diploma in product design and did not pursue...