Version 1 Redditch
Infrastructure System Support Analyst
Department: Operations (HR, Finance, Marketing)
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
This role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic systems administrator who enjoys working in a fast paced, multidiscipline team. The successful candidate will be a solid team player, have an excellent attitude for desk-side support and will be technically experienced.
We have roles open in our Dublin, Ireland, Belfast, Northern Ireland and Redditch, UK offices. The mission of this team is to prove that IT can deliver real benefits to Version 1’s business. This will be achieved through excellence in information technology solutions and services that support, enable, and protect all business systems.
This role is primarily about providing desk side support, systems administration, as well as focusing on continuous improvement initiatives for the existing infrastructure. But, for at least one day a week we would want this individual to help with our SLM process where the person will help manage the large number of requests we receive to provide hardware to starters; retrieve leavers hardware & replace kit through normal attrition. There will also be a substantial element of project work associated with this role where the successful candidate can gain significant experience in new and existing technologies.
As an internally facing department tasked with the support of more than 2100 people there is plenty of room for the right individual to learn and develop. Work here is varied and exciting.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter looking to join a fast paced, multidiscipline team that provides internal and project support at Version 1. The successful candidate should
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills coupled with excellent customer service skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Can multitask and prioritise duties.
- Have experience in writing technical processes and procedures.
- Ability to work well in a cross-team environment.
- Strong knowledge in desktop applications and environments.
- An ability to troubleshoot and diagnose Windows issues using the Event Viewer, Windows logs, and other tools.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft AD, Server 2019 as well as networking and storage.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Understanding and interest in cloud technologies.
- Hyper-V experience an advantage
- Strong process-oriented experience in terms of implementation and completion
- Experience in ITIL oriented environment
- Have had exposure to Windows Azure and or Intune
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: April 27, 2022
At Version 1, we are extremely proud to be named the 6th Best Workplace in the United Kingdom, following last night’s Great Place to Work™ UK Awards in London. Having previously placed as the 20th...
Blog: April 20, 2022
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I finished high school with a diploma in product design and did not pursue...