Version 1 Derry / Londonderry
IT Project Manager
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Having recently celebrated our 25th year in the IT industry, we at Version 1 continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer, and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on our ‘Strength in Balance‘ and is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver. If you are passionate about the work you do, keen to deliver excellence, and up for a challenge to be innovative and part of the future, then we would love to meet yo
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire experienced IT Project Managers who can help us further develop our strong footing in the business consulting domain specifically within cloud transformations.
The ideal candidate will come from a project management or business consulting background and have at least 6 years’ project management experience in large scale systems development and deployment projects in a variety of sectors. The candidate should be experienced in full development project life cycle implementations and have experience working with a relevant methodology. The ability to manage Fixed Price engagements is preferable.
Possessing excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills, the candidate will have the ability to deal with all levels of a client organisation and an ability to manage scope, RAID, resources and budget delivering projects to achieve their intended business outcomes. A team player and self-motivated, the candidate will demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and ensure their needs are met.
Version 1 requires an experienced IT Project Manager to join their expanding PM Capability Team.
- Working with the Project Owner/Sponsor to confirm the project scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure project resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for the project.
- Preparing a detailed project work-plan with associated resource requirement profile identification.
- Undertaking standard RAID analysis and establishing the project governance structure and processes.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of the project plan to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans.
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
You will have:
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities, 6+ years of PM experience.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PRINCE 2 or PMP and practical experience of same.
- Experience in driving the implementation of new Business Processes to support adoption of new technology.
- Budget management, commercial and Customer experience.
- Full SDLC experience.
- Excellent team motivator.
- Proven track record in successfully delivery fixed price engagements.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, an advantage.
- Experience in using standard Project Management and MS Office tools inc. MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Strong interest in developing PM Capability solutions and methodologies.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share bonus each quarter, pension matching, private medical, flexible working, education assistance support and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is key to all we do, and we ensure that everyone has equal opportunity to join us here. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experiences, as we believe that difference is what makes us stronger.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: April 27, 2022
At Version 1, we are extremely proud to be named the 6th Best Workplace in the United Kingdom, following last night’s Great Place to Work™ UK Awards in London. Having previously placed as the 20th...
Blog: April 20, 2022
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? I finished high school with a diploma in product design and did not pursue...