Version 1 Cork
Senior Data Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are more than just another IT services company - we are 2000+ leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. We are celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Core Values.
- Leading the design and delivery of innovative data solutions using latest services from Azure eco-system.
- Exploiting industry best practices and your experience to create a data platform to enable business growth.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in order to collect and document technical requirements.
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance and innovate solutions and improve process efficiency.
A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience is required.
- Azure/AWS Experience (3+ years). Azure Data Certification a plus
- Experience with Data Warehouse design and Kimball methodology
- ETL experience using SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Experience working with SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse and Azure Data Lake
- SQL server schema design and optimization to meet performance requirements
- Python programming for Data engineering and clean up. Spark/Data bricks experience will be a plus
- Experience of working with Power BI and DAX programming.
- Good understanding and experience of working with data security options on Azure.
- Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into design of end-to-end data systems including scalability, HA and DR
- Technologies: SQL Server, data integration, ETL Design, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Server and Azure Synapse
- Core Programming languages: T-SQL, Power Shell, Azure API, DAX
Desired Qualifications and Other Experience
- A minimum of a third level degree in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Sciences or a related discipline
- Commercial experience in Data Warehousing and business intelligence projects.
- Experience in handling large and complex datasets using multiple programming languages (T-SQL, Python, R etc.) is essential
- Experience analysing multiple business domains and translating them to dimensional designs for analytics and reporting
- Basic knowledge of or exposure to machine learning, data visualisation, and artificial intelligence techniques. Experience working with Data Scientists and Machine Learning teams.
- Data governance experience desirable
The following experience would be advantageous but not essential:
- Experience working in an energy related industry combined with a passion for energy sustainability and innovation
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...