Version 1 Dublin
Data Analytics Solution Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are seeing unprecedented growth across several of our key practice areas. We are looking for talented individuals, who want a challenging, dynamic work environment with honesty & integrity, excellence and drive amongst our core values as well as a strong emphasis on our people and a work-life balance.
If you are interested in playing a key role in growing the Data Analytics practice, designing Data solutions for our customers and building the Data team within Version 1 read on.
- To provide technical and design leadership to a highly skilled and motivated expert technical team.
- To design solutions that make use of the newest technologies and industry best practices.
- Working alongside other teams to keep Data Architecture Models up to date.
- Work with data analysts, engineers and visualisation consultants to realise your designs
- Technical ownership for a Data project, covering technology road-map alignment, estimation, project planning, user story/requirement creation and full development lifecycle.
- Maintain and optimize the Data Warehouse and Data Lake / Data Brick solutions to maximize performance
- Marshall teams to ensure excellent quality and consistency.
- Pull together estimates from teams for future work.
- Driving and implementing non-functional requirements for customers
- Communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation and presentations to stakeholders of various technical abilities.
- Make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery.
- Mentoring, coaching and developing members of your team and the wider community.
- Identify opportunities to add value to the customer in the management and delivery of its Data landscape.
- Working with business analysts and end-users to elicit requirements & assist in developing design specifications for short-, medium- and long-term future state architectures.
- Identifying technology trends and deriving relevant IT proposals, including migration strategies.
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management, and project managers.
- Strong background in Data Engineering, Architecture and documentation
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, Azure, PowerApps and Power BI
- Strong familiarity of the Azure DevOps toolset & Microsoft Azure related Certifications
- Proven track record of implementing end-to-end data solutions and ELT/ETL pipeline development skills
- Experience working with solutions in the Cloud specifically Microsoft's Azure platform
- Strong SQL experience both within the SQL Azure space and on prem
- Ability to communicate well with key stakeholders and non-technical audiences
- A strong level of TSQL language skills
- Experience in leading data engineering projects
- Experience working with large-scale data environments in a data engineering role
- A demonstrable track record in a similar role is a necessity for this role.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- Great Place to Work®
- Great Place to Work® Workplace UK (2019-2022)
- Great Place to Work® #1 Mid-size India (2022)
- Great Place to Work® Europe (2022)
- Best Workplaces for Women award, Ireland & UK (2022)
News & Insights
Blog: May 25, 2023
Tech, Tools and Talent – Developers Survey 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...
News: February 23, 2023
Version 1 is Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™
Everyone here at Version 1 is delighted to share the news that we have been named Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™ for 2023. Before jumping into our thoughts on receiving this phenomenal recognition,...