Version 1 Oxford
SC Cleared UX Designer
Department: Business Management & Change
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are looking for UI/UX consultants to design software and platforms that meet our client’s needs. You should be able to lead workshops and gather the business requirements, any technical limitations, and translate these into coherent designs utilising user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
You will be part of an Agile team and work directly with the product owners, end-users, and development teams to define, refine, and implement new processes and products.
This role involves 2 days on-site in Cheltenham, and due to the nature of work involved SC Clearance will be required.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Work with business stakeholders in defining user requirements and processes.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mock-ups and proof of concepts (POCs) optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Working with agile scrum team and with PO to understand requirements and groom/refine stories
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Experience in applying UX design best practices to design solutions with a deep understanding of design approaches, including mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Experienced in influencing design and shaping organisational strategy and priorities.
- Collaborate with teams in building digital services whilst understanding and prioritising user needs, navigating technology constraints and meeting delivery timescales.
- Experienced in aligning multiple channels, services, and products into a coherent, inclusive experience for customers.
- Comfortable facilitating workshops and client engagements to validate designs.
- Commercial awareness and stakeholder management skills, with an ability to become trusted advisor for our customers.
- Experience creating wireframes, low-fidelity, and high-fidelity interactive prototypes with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, Balsamiq).
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...