Version 1 Bristol
Front End Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a talented Front End / UI Developer to join our Development team who is highly motivated in combining the art of design with the art of programming. In joining our team of consultants, you will play a key part in the continual research, design, and development of our client's core products. We are looking for someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive technology transformation. The successful candidate should be hands-on, able to contribute individually, and should have experience within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
This role involves 2 days on-site in Cheltenham, and due to the nature of work involved SC Clearance will be required.
- Experience working closely with key stakeholders across the engineering team, including Architects, Product Owners and UX designers understanding and demonstrating how written requirements translate into a technical solution.
- Develop interfaces for web and mobile applications Develop high quality, efficient, reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Follow the agile development methodologies and practices.
- Work closely with back-end developers to plan and deliver features in an efficient way.
- Improve JS and CSS quality by conducting code analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Front-End software design and AWS cloud-native API integration
- Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
- Experience working with reusable UX components or libraries
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design pattern.
- Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: June 24, 2022
Version 1 is thrilled to be listed as the #1 Best Mid-Size Workplace™ in India at this year’s Great Place to Work® India awards. This is an exciting and prestigious achievement as Version 1...
Events: 7 July 2022
We are excited to announce that Version 1 will be attending the Young Professionals Conference on Thursday 7th July 2022. This is one of the biggest student careers conferences to take place in London...