Version 1 Dublin
Remote Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant Responsibilities:
- Experience working with or leading infrastructure implementation teams
- Review project technical deliverables with key stakeholders
- Work with our Senior Infrastructure and Solution Architects to turn the customers brief into low level technical designs and solutions
- Work with the Infrastructure project manager to develop the required project approach, phases, deliverables, tasks and estimates
- Coordinate with the Application Development Team on any cross-stream project issues or touchpoints
- Coordinate with Third Parties (e.g. Networking service provider) to identify project integration touchpoints and agree their scopes of work
The Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant MUST have the following attributes:
- A highly motivated individual with a consultancy and solution orientated mindset
- Strong infrastructure admin, design and consultancy experience
- Strong documentation skills with particular focus on technical designs
- Display a breadth and depth of knowledge across a wide spectrum of existing technologies used within the customers IT estate (see below)
- Ability to quickly adapt to further new technologies when required
- Proven technical leadership, organisational, analytical, risk management, and problem-solving skills
- Qualification in Computer Science / Computer Engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills - can describe complex technical concepts/issues with non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to quickly arbitrate, prioritise and filter project issues to identify solutions
- Ability to make balanced and pragmatic technical decisions to ensure timely project completion
- Commitment to continuous learning and upskilling on latest technologies and trends
Key Technical Skills
Experience in the following:
- Building containerised Microservice Architectures using Kubernetes (knowledge of or commitment to upskill on Red Hat OpenShift 4.x)
- Building highly available API services (knowledge of or commitment to upskill on Red Hat 3Scale and SSO)
- DevOps concepts and technologies
- Security Concepts and Standards
- Build Automation / Infrastructure as code
- An understanding of network and firewall design concepts
- Experience of Database and/or application services migration to new infrastructure
Desired additional Technical Skills
Exposure to other technical components and technologies in the clients estate would be beneficial but not mandatory:
- Redis/Sentinel, Red Hat Data Grid, MariaDB Galera, HA-Proxy, NetScaler services integration, SSL certificates, IdM server management, MSAD integration
- VMware ESXI and SRM
- SAN technologies
**This role can be fully remote**
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...