Version 1 London
Advisory Services Cloud Consultant
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1850+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different, and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
This key and influential role is within our Advisory Services team, a group of experienced Consultants and Architects who advise our clients and collaborate closely with our internal commercial teams and wider delivery teams. This diverse and challenging role will be responsible for helping to grow, drive and differentiate Version 1 as part of our wider and ambitious corporate growth plans. Work locations are flexible.
- Defining and shaping Public Cloud Strategies for medium and large organisations in the Public & Private sector to solve specific business problems.
- Helping customers to create and refine their corresponding business cases for Public Cloud migration via portfolio discovery and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) total cost of ownership.
- Developing compelling solution architectures for prospects and clients across cloud vendor technologies (Microsoft, AWS, Oracle, Red Hat) depending on the client needs
- Engage widely across the organisation and initiate, support, and lead pre-sales discussions with Version 1 clients and internal stakeholders. Lead, define and contribute to propositions, bid responses and proposals as required in a highly commercial context.
- Work with business users to elicit solution needs & develop best practice high-level architectures and designs in response to customer compelling events, business, and technology challenges, evolving requirements and wider market needs.
- Provide innovative, accurate and high-quality design thinking with associated solution artefacts e.g., architecture, configuration, and setup.
Things We Desire
We would very much like to speak to you if you have the following:
- A passion for delivering highly customer-first and customer-aligned solutions using public cloud.
- Excellent customer-facing communication, presentation and consultancy skills in pre-sales and customer engagement scenarios (tender responses, bids, and proposals)
- 5+ years’ experience in consultancy or senior architect roles.
- Experience in a broad range of public cloud services and platforms
- Good knowledge of cloud vendor best practice and frameworks (Cloud Adoption and Well Architected) Frameworks
- Proven customer pre-sales and commercially focussed customer engagement experience. You will be working in areas where you are able to demonstrate strategic commercial success and positive evolution of
- In-depth and varied practical experience in defining and leading a range of cloud transformations or migrations to public cloud and associated hybrid computing models.
- Experience in creating high-level design and architecture documentation across a range of public cloud platforms. Experience of defining and developing costed cloud migration business cases and justifications
- At least one current public cloud architect or technical certification
- Experience in running public cloud vendor discovery and solution assessment programmes.
- Experience in defining SaaS and PaaS solutions, roadmaps and enterprise architectures for enterprise applications and integrations.
Things We Admire
In addition, we would be additionally interested to talk to you if you have some of the following qualities and experience:
- Experience and expertise in one or more public cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) in single or multi-cloud contexts.
- Strong, in-depth, and demonstrable experience with relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments
- Thought leadership capability and expertise in delivering insightful and differentiating customer focus content (blogs, webinars, white papers etc)
- Practical experience in Digital Transformation and Application Modernisation via cloud
- Willingness to work in flexible, hybrid teams and travel as needed
- Willingness to travel on an agreed basis to support wider commercial and customer engagement.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...