Version 1 Bengaluru
SQL Server DBA Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We do this every day and due to continued expansion we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
Version 1 is looking for an experienced DBA developer to join its Business Applications solutions team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing in SQL Server solutions for mid to enterprise-level organisations. We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast pace, can prioritise workload, and is eager to gain industry experience. You will have a solid background in Microsoft technologies.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their existing skills with a leading Microsoft Gold Partner working with cutting-edge technologies.
This exciting opportunity will see the candidate working within a team of experienced SQL Server DBA/Developers, exercising and developing the wide range of necessary skills that distinguishes a rounded consultant:
- The technical ability to problem solve complex issues.
- The flexibility to move between clients, projects, and technologies.
- A collaborative team member.
- Develops understanding of clients' business, applications and users.
- Effectively communicate technical issues to business users.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement continuous service improvements.
- Client-facing skills.
You will have:
- Creating and maintaining database objects such as Tables , Views , Stored Procedures Functions
- Maintaining integrity by the use of constraints and other available options
- Performing DDL , DML operations as per the business requirement
- Writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Perform functional testing ,regression testing and keep track of all new developments
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procedures etc
- Designing SQL queries , sub queries , Indexes and SQL Joins
- Developing complex SQL queries to derive expected results
- 3-5 years minimum SQL Server Developer experience.
- Good performance tuning and optimization skills.
- Worked in a large database environment.
- Some data modelling experience.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, partitioning and statistics.
- T-SQL - Must Have
- SSIS skills would be good to have.
- Mix of DBA and Developer skills is an advantage.
- Full Development lifecycle activities including, but not limited to detailed analysis, design, development, test, user acceptance test support and production implementation.
- Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle complex change and prioritize key activities.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Tel: Recruiter Phone
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...