Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Department: Business Management & Change
Version 1 celebrated its 25th year in the IT industry last year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
The Data Engineer will be implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large scale organisations. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementation.
You will be building solutions using a variety of open-source tools & Microsoft Azure services, and a proven track record in delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Designing and implementing highly performant data ingestion & transformation pipelines from multiple sources using a variety of technologies
- Delivering and presenting proofs of concept of key technology components to prospective customers and project stakeholders.
- Developing scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingestion and transformation of large data sets
- Master data management system and process design and implementation.
- Data quality system and process design and implementation.
- Integrating the end to end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensures the quality and consistency of data is maintained at all times
- Working with event-based / streaming technologies to ingest and process data
- Working with other members of the project team to support the delivery of additional project components (Reporting tools, API interfaces, Search)
- Evaluating the performance and applicability of multiple tools against customer requirements
- Working within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
- Hands-on experience designing and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform (Cortana Intelligence Platform) including Azure Storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics
- Direct experience in building data pipelines using Azure Data Factory and Apache Spark (preferably Databricks).
- Experience building data warehouse solutions using ETL / ELT tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Talend, and Wherescape Red.
- Experience with Azure Event Hub, IOT Hub, Apache Kafka, Nifi for use with streaming data / event-based data
- Experience with other Open Source big data products eg Hadoop (incl. Hive, Pig, Impala)
- Experience with Open Source non-relational / NoSQL data repositories (incl. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data including imaging & geospatial data.
- Comprehensive understanding of data management best practices including demonstrated experience with data profiling, sourcing, and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching.
- Experience working in a Dev/Ops environment with tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services, Chef, Puppet or Terraform
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer remote working, profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which are awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...