Version 1 Remote
Head of Solution Consulting (Oracle Applications)
Department: Oracle Applications
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals. We deliver solutions to over 200 customers across all of the Oracle Application Pillars – Fusion Cloud, EBusiness Suite, JD Edwards and Peoplesoft.
At Version 1, you will join a 2200 strong, €240m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our 400 strong Oracle Practice, is continuing to grow at a rapid pace driven by the needs of our customers to deliver solutions to modernise and digitise the back office to provide greater agility and value for staff and customers alike.
As the Head of Solution Consulting, you will be a senior leader within the Oracle Applications practice and will provide both solution and people leadership in your role. You will report directly to the Practice Head and work with senior colleagues across the delivery and commercial sections of the practice to deliver the very best outcomes for our customers ensuring they realise the value of their investments in Oracle Applications leveraging our deep consulting skills, our MAXIMISE delivery methodology and our award winning ASPIRE Managed Services. You’ll likely have held senior consulting roles in the past working directly with customers or with other systems integrators, and you will be passionate about defining and developing solutions which meet customer challenges and understand the commercial balance required to deliver these solutions. You’ll be a high energy, high impact individual comfortable with balancing the demands of multiple assignments whilst leading and developing a team.
This is a UK based role and you must be eligible for, or possess UK security clearance.
The role will be divided across three areas of responsibility. For the role to be successful, we anticipate you’ll need to dedicate an equal amount of time to each. You will achieve objectives by delivering through and with others by constantly prioritising and ensuring that across the practice that we remain focused on the right areas.
Key Requirements :
- You’ll have managed a high performing team which may have included presales consultants, architects, change leads and functional experts to deliver successful tangible customer outcomes and deliver new business outcomes.
- You’ll have a solid understanding of Finance Operations and where ERP technologies can drive efficiency and transformation in ways of working to deliver real value to Finance Teams. A working knowledge of related HR and Payroll processes is a plus.
- You’ll have a working knowledge of the Oracle Applications (ERPM & HCM) SaaS product set and the associated integration and analytics technologies required to deliver end to end SaaS solutions. You will understand the transformation requirements when moving from On Prem solutions such as EBusiness Suite or SAP. It is likely that you will have a domain expertise in one area, and a broad knowledge of other domains across ERP Financials, HCM, Payroll and EPM.
- You’ll have experience of designing enterprise-level roadmaps for an ERP\HCM landscape and framing these in a business context for consumption by senior leaders and c-level execs.
- You’ll have experience in delivering Oracle ERP solutions, ideally Oracle SaaS, within a multi-supplier, multi-year, multi-release environment and can relay the business challenges and land messages with key stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of business ecosystems across SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SOA, API, data and analytics.
- You must have experience in a consulting System Integrator environment
- You’ll be able to point to examples where you have influenced additional pull-through business through your work with customers and will be happy to travel across the UK and Ireland to customer or prospective customer sites to spend time understanding their challenging and shaping their solutions.
- You’ll lead the solution for RFI, RFP and bid responses across both project delivery and ASPIRE Managed Services, using your team to deliver creative, engaging, winning bid collateral. Your insight will be one of the reasons we will win.
- Bring knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, budgeting processes and risk management to the creation of a compelling solution and approach for our customers ensuring that business value is at the centre of what we deliver for our customers.
- Host customer meetings to understand and articulate business impact of particular technical strategies or approaches for the customer to guide them to the best way forward for their business.
- Attend conferences, deliver webinars and work with Oracle to develop the Version 1 brand as a leading implementer of Oracle Fusion. You’ll be sought out as a specialist in this space.
- You’ll have overall accountability for the solution architectures for all customers engagements across Oracle ERP, EPM and HCM Cloud Applications, ensuring they will deliver the needs of the customers through a commercially viable approach. You’ll be responsible for assuring all solutions.
- Mobilising early stage project engagements to ensure that customer engagements have well architected mobilisation and design phase to ensure a successful project delivery
- Peer-review designs and solutions and provide constructive practical feedback to enhance the outcome for the customer from a quality, speed, effectiveness, and resilience perspective.
- Identify and manage key risks relevant to the solutions or architectures of engagements
- Be a leader in providing innovative solutions to customer problems. When our consultants have a complex requirement from a customer that they aren’t sure can be technically delivered, you’ll be the one to bring the right people together to make it happen.
- You’ll co-ordinate and develop key artefacts, methodologies and tools which form solution designs and standards for the delivery of Oracle ERP, EPM and HCM solutions. A primary objective of the role will be to enhance our ability to repeat effective approaches, best practices and delivery models.
- Lead on continuous development and enhancement of new and existing tools or automated approaches which make our solutions compelling for customers.
- Put governance and structure in place across all solutions, artefacts and knowledge management tools to maximise repeatability and effective sharing of solutions and resource.
- Work with our innovation function to continuously look ahead at how we can stay ahead in delivering world-class solutions for customers.
- Manage directly and indirectly a team of architects and senior consultants; developing the skills and careers of our people through effective mentoring and coaching is essential in the role.
What we give you
- Quarterly profit share scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- A continual professional development pathway
- Life assurance
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with occasional travel. Expenses will be covered.
UK or Ireland base but all Remote working / or hybrid if preferred.
Permanent applications ideally. Must have work permit due to timeframes and must be SC eligible.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...