Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 has been providing world class services for our customers for over 25 years. We know the technology inside out and we have a wealth of experience in delivering services that really work for our customers. In 2019, we set up our UK digital practice which is growing rapidly, and this year we launched our design practice. This is such an exciting time to join Version 1 with opportunities to further develop your career whilst continuing to deliver great outcomes for clients. We invest heavily in our people and in creating an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive.
This is a great opportunity for someone to enhance their existing skills and progress their career within a rapidly growing design space at Version 1. We are looking for Service Design specialists who delight in designing services that meet the user’s needs across the public and private sector giving you the chance to get exposure to some great projects.
Service designers design the end-to-end journey of a service. This helps a user complete their goal and customer to deliver their policy intent. In this role, your work may involve the creation of, or change to, transactions, products and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different parts of the customer's internal infrastructure.
- Agile working. You have experience of working in agile, including an awareness of agile tools and how to use them. You can advise colleagues on how and why agile methods are used and be able to provide a clear, open and transparent framework in which teams can deliver. You can adapt and reflect and be resilient. You have the ability to see outside of the process.
- Community collaboration. You know how to work collaboratively within a group, actively networking with others and varying feedback for the appropriate time to ensure the discussion sticks. You can use your initiative to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. You can pull out issues through agile health-checks with the team to provoke the right responses.
- Digital perspective. You are responsive to changes in technology, adapting your approach accordingly. You can make decisions to meet user needs in the customer's context. You understand the importance of assisted digital and can design services and make decisions to meet users needs.
- Experience of working within constraints. You can identify constraints and can communicate about these and work within them. You know how to challenge the validity of constraints. You can ensure standards are being met.
- Facilitating decisions and risks. You can generate multiple solutions to a problem and test them.
- Prototyping. You approach prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others. You can establish design patterns and iterate them. You can use a variety of methods of prototyping and choose the most appropriate ones.
- Strategic thinking. You can define strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context. You know how to evaluate current strategies to ensure business requirements are being met and exceeded where possible.
- User focus. You know how to collaborate with user researchers and can represent users internally. You understand the difference between user needs and the desires of the user. You can champion user research to focus on all users. You can prioritise and define approaches to understand the user story, guiding others in doing so. You can offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...