Version 1 Leeds
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Join the Version 1 Service Reliability Group (SRG) as a Python Developer responsible for the development of customer solutions primarily in the UK Government sector. The role will require you to:
- Actively engage in solution design with Business and Technical representatives.
- Deliver high quality software through the full development lifecycle.
- Have an awareness of requirements, constraints and general DevOps relating to deploying cloud-based applications
- Planning, estimation and logical organisation of tasks, with support from your peers.
- Implement solutions as per technical design for new features and changes to existing components.
- Perform code reviews and testing as needed to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Assess the potential impact of changes on existing solutions.
The role involves development and maintenance of software hosted in an Azure environment and may expand to multiple customers over time. You will:
- Liaise directly with the customer on design, development, and delivery of software solutions
- Develop software to meet our client's user needs using your Python and related skills
- Develop innovative technology and modernise legacy applications
- Contribute towards solution design documents, test design and documentation.
- Prioritise performance, resilience, recovery, security, operability, and compliance with function requirements.
- Collaborate creatively with your team mates to continually improve our standards, results and culture
- Experience developing Python in comparable business/technical/product environments
- Experience of software debugging and testing
- The ability to prioritise your work to deliver Excellence across a variety of issues and changes
- Experience working with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with PyGIS, PostGIS, PyQT, QGIS, SQLAlchemy or similar would be advantageous
*Please note that this role will require you to go through SC clearance, so you must meet the minimum eligibility requirements of at least 5 years of residency in the UK.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...