Version 1 Newcastle upon Tyne
Bid Management Lead - UK
Department: Sales & Customer Success
Version 1 is a leading Technology and Digital Transformation (DX) provider of cloud-based applications, data and platform development, modernisation, and next-generation managed services. Our customer-obsessed global team of over 2,400 people work closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is the balance we strive for across each side of our operating model; Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our core values.
We are looking to hire a Bid Management Lead - UK to lead the Bid Function and team for our UK Portfolios, primarily focused on tracking, managing, and producing complex multiple million-pound bids across both Private and Public Sectors. This fast-paced role will be part of a successful, growing team focused on winning opportunities with current and potential customers. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to make a significant impact in a rapidly scaling company.
We are happy for candidates to work remotely. Members of the existing bid team are spread across different locations throughout Great Britain, Republic of Ireland, and Northern Ireland.
For candidates that prefer working from an office, we have offices located in London, Belfast, Edinburgh, Dublin, Redditch, Kent, Cheshire and Cork.
The role will involve you working with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure the continued production of the highest quality bids through effective and timely planning and management, and ensuring submission compliance. These include:
- Head of Bids & Enablement
- Bid Managers and coordinators
- Sales Team leads and individual sales personnel
- Account Managers
- Practice and Portfolio Leads
- Presales & Technical SMEs
- Delivery / Project Managers
- Sales Enablement
- Ownership of the end-to-end bid process from RFI/PQQ stages through to Tender Submission and final Presentation
- Actively work with Sales Directors to understand and strategically manage active bid pipeline
- Manage a team of Bid Managers; assign projects, provide oversight and quality control for all deliverables, and manage skill development of all team members
- Building and developing strategic partnerships with the wider Commerical team, capabilities, commercial, finance and delivery, with the clear objective of integrating and promoting Bid function within the wider Business Development capability
- Work towards building an efficient bid department with best practice processes and initiatives, with a focus on driving and implementing proactive continuous improvement.
- Provide input to the pre-qualification process to ensure all customer sales opportunities and bids are fully qualified and identified as winnable
- Every bid, you will work with a team Version 1 technical / project experts to guide them to create strong responses that align to bid and customer requirements
- Manage and support all levels of the Bid process lifecycle, including:
- Bid Planning and Production
- Produce and maintain bid brief and ensure win strategy is reflected in answers
- Identify resource requirements
- Act as a single point of customer contact for bid team
- Maintain Bid Site/Documentation
- Drive commercial review approvals process
- Edit contributions to bid
- Collate and maintain risk registers (if required)
- Monitor and report bid and production costs
- Produce post bid review and handover documentation
- Develop strategic messaging, win themes, strategies, and creative design approaches
You will have:
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time adhering to tight deadlines
- Strong written skills with attention to detail and a focus on consistent quality
- Strong time management with effective prioritisation of tasks, recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise
- Influencing skills: Ability to get people at multiple levels to deliver what you need on time and with high quality, even though they won’t report to you will be critical to the success of the role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage at all levels (from graduate to executive) across an organisation internally and externally
- Experience of building good relationships with colleagues, customers, and partners
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Experience winning complex UK public sector bids is highly advantageous
- An understanding and experience working in IT Services and technology solutions environment
- Experience of working in a marketing, communications or business development environment
- … and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you
Why work at Version 1?
- Version 1 has been certified Great Place to Work for 11 years in a row, we believe our employees’ development and happiness is paramount - There are several focus areas in making Version 1 a “Best Workplace”, including; Health & Wellbeing and Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging.
- We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
- We offer employee recognition with several reward schemes including Version 1 Excellence Awards (annual), ‘Call-Out’ – an ongoing platform where colleagues and peers can grant you points that can be exchanged for gifts. Engagement is incredibly important at Version 1 and there are several teams responsible for organising both work and social engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...