Version 1 Dublin
Mid Level Java Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is delighted to announce the opening of an exciting new role within our Irish Public Sector team for a Mid Java Developer. Having experienced significant growth since inception, our Irish Digital, Cloud and Solution business is now preparing for the next phase of expansion, opening new opportunities for highly skilled business leaders to join one of the fastest-growing consultancies in Ireland.
Version 1 has celebrated over 25 years in the IT industry, and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success. Version 1 is a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer, and our employees are at the heart of Version 1.
- No 1 Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2023
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle, Microsoft & AWS partner
- Consulting, implementation, and support services
- 3000+ strong, €255m revenue business
Java has been a key technology throughout our company history, and our Java Practice has been responsible for delivering some of the largest enterprise to enterprise systems as well as business-critical solutions to a number of sectors across a wide range of platforms, operating systems, open-source components and databases.
We encourage interest from young enthusiastic developers with an interest in a fast track career in a high-energy environment where there is a good exposure to modern technologies
- Expected to have a good understanding of the design & build phase of the project lifecycle.
- Coding new developments and/or enhancements as defined in a technical design.
- Adhere to code quality and unit test testing standards
- Identify and implement integration tests, automating tests where appropriate.
- Ensuring code is peer-reviewed.
- Providing system test support when code is migrated to System Test (including SIR resolution).
- Strong experience in Java development
- Java 8+
- Spring/Spring Boot
- Web services / Microservices
- Unit /Integration Test
- Experience working within an Agile environment
Why Version 1?
• Quarterly performance related profit share
• Certified Great Place to Work for 10+ years in a row
• Career Progression (496 CPD Promotions in last 12 months)
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hybrid working Options
• Private Healthcare Cover
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Tel: +353 1 588 1165
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- Great Place to Work®
- Great Place to Work® Workplace UK (2019-2022)
- Great Place to Work® #1 Mid-size India (2022)
- Great Place to Work® Europe (2022)
- Best Workplaces for Women award, Ireland & UK (2022)
News & Insights
Blog: May 25, 2023
Tech, Tools and Talent – Developers Survey 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...
News: February 23, 2023
Version 1 is Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™
Everyone here at Version 1 is delighted to share the news that we have been named Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™ for 2023. Before jumping into our thoughts on receiving this phenomenal recognition,...