Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are more than just another IT services company - we are 2000+ leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. We are celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our Core Values.
We are looking for an experienced Kafka administrator to join a team of engineers with closely with our clients. The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of high-quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite to support software developments teams.
This is an operations/system administrator role. The successful candidate will be specifically looking after the provisioning and maintenance of the Kafka cluster; there will be a need to also work on Qlik (Attunity) a CDC (change Data Capture) tool.
- Manage large scale multi-nodes Kafka cluster environments residing on AWS or on-prem.
- Handle all Kafka environment upgrades, including capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support for the Kafka Cluster.
- Configure and manage Qlik (Attunity).
- System Administrator tasks.
- Implement solutions as per technical design and participate in design activities.
- Planning and estimation of tasks as part of the SCRUM team and strive for accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Strong experience in designing and building highly available high-volume messaging infrastructure with Apache Kafka on AWS (e.g. stretch cluster, active/active or active/passive) using Mirror Maker or other replication tools.
- Good experience with Schema Registry, Kafka connectors (source and sink) and KSQL, have worked with Kafka brokers, Zookeeper, Topics, connectors for Setup and administration.
- Strong experience in setting up monitoring and management with tools.
- Working knowledge of monitoring, management tools and data growth management.
- Preferred experience in Kafka security (Encryption and Authentication with SSL, SASL, ACLs).
- Experience in one of the Kafka Administration tools: Confluent Center, Kafka HQ, Kafka UI.
- Good working knowledge of CI/CD, GitOps, methodologies and tools.
- Experience with IaC scripting E.G Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- A willingness and enthusiasm to improve and develop new skills and learn new technologies.
- Constant improvement of products, through feedback and input on the product pipeline and roadmap.
- Related degree qualification (comp sci, engineering, etc).
- Certification in Kafka . E. G Confluent Certified Administrator for Kafka.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and DevOps tools like Jenkins, Shell, Puppet, Artifactory, and Terraform will be a huge plus
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Tel: +353 1 901 9038
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...