Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
Oracle ERP & HCM Program Director
Department: Oracle Applications
At Version 1 we deliver fully integrated ERP solutions using Oracle Cloud SaaS Solutions and Oracle Technology to deliver modern cloud-based solutions and ways of working to our customers increasing productivity through greater self-service, automation, and improved access to accurate real-time information across the Finance and HR domains. We work with customers across multiple sectors - Higher Education, Financial Services, Legal, Retail, Manufacturing, Banking, NHS, Police, Local and Central Government. We don’t just implement these solutions either – we build long-lasting relationships with our customers through award-winning ongoing support and managed services ensuring our customers achieve the long-term benefit of choosing Oracle Cloud.
You will join a 2,400+ strong business Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
The program Director will be responsible for:
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Aligning the customers expectations to the programs plan, and to ensure we meet the customers business outcomes
- Management of the key performance indicators of scope, plan, budget, resources, quality and risks
- Defining the programme's governance arrangements
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the programme's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of services is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme's individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcome
- Working with the business change managers or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to both internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting in pre-sales opportunities as and when required.
The programme director should have:
- Knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite/Oracle Cloud SaaS or other ERP systems in ERP/HCM
- Overall strong Project/Programme Management capabilities and proven experience in delivering complex projects with a budget of €/£1M+ is essential
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- 6th Best Large Workplace in the UK
- 2nd Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2022
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner
- Market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications
- Consulting, implementation and support services
- 2400 strong, €140m/£127m revenue business
- ERP Partner of the Year
- Won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this last year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
What we give you
- Quarterly profit share scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- A Continual professional development pathway
- Life assurance
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
We are open to both full-time permanent and contract applications.
Expenses will be covered. UK or Ireland base but all Remote working / or hybrid if preferred.
Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...