Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is delighted to announce the opening of an exciting new role within our Irish Enterprise team for a Kafka Administrator. Having experienced significant growth since inception, our Irish Digital, Cloud and Solution business is now preparing for the next phase of expansion, opening new opportunities for highly skilled business leaders to join one of the fastest-growing consultancies in Ireland.
Version 1 has celebrated over 25 years in the IT industry, and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success. Version 1 is a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer, and our employees are at the heart of Version 1.
- 2nd Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2022
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner
- Consulting, implementation, and support services
- 2600+ strong, €140m revenue business
We are looking for an experienced Kafka administrator to join a team of engineers with closely with our clients. The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of high-quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite to support software developments teams.
This is an operations/system administrator role. The successful candidate will be specifically looking after the provisioning and maintenance of the Kafka cluster; there will be a need to also work on Qlik (Attunity) a CDC (change Data Capture) tool.
- Manage large scale multi-nodes Kafka cluster environments residing on AWS or on-prem.
- Handle all Kafka environment upgrades, including capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support for the Kafka Cluster.
- Configure and manage Qlik (Attunity).
- System Administrator tasks.
- Implement solutions as per technical design and participate in design activities.
- Planning and estimation of tasks as part of the SCRUM team and strive for accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements to existing processes.
- Ability to work hands on in an agile work environment supporting your colleagues as required.
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with multiple business and technical teams.
- Strong experience in designing and building highly available high-volume messaging infrastructure with Apache Kafka on AWS (e.g. stretch cluster, active/active or active/passive) using Mirror Maker or other replication tools.
- Good experience with Schema Registry, Kafka connectors (source and sink) and KSQL, have worked with Kafka brokers, Zookeeper, Topics, connectors for Setup and administration.
- Strong experience in setting up monitoring and management with tools.
- Working knowledge of monitoring, management tools and data growth management.
- Preferred experience in Kafka security (Encryption and Authentication with SSL, SASL, ACLs).
- Experience in one of the Kafka Administration tools: Confluent Center, Kafka HQ, Kafka UI.
- Good working knowledge of CI/CD, GitOps, methodologies and tools.
- Experience with IaC scripting E.G Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team in an agile environment.
- A willingness and enthusiasm to improve and develop new skills and learn new technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective communication with all team members and a positive and constructive attitude.
- Constant improvement of products, through feedback and input on the product pipeline and roadmap.
- Related degree qualification (comp sci, engineering, etc).
Why Version 1?
• Quarterly performance related profit share
• Certified Great Place to Work for 10 years in a row
• Career Progression (496 CPD Promotions in last 12 months)
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hybrid working Options
• Private Healthcare Cover
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Tel: +353 1 901 9038
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Version 1 saw employer awards success in 2022, achieving 12 Great Place To Work® awards this year. This recognises Version 1’s commitment to Excellence around the globe including India, Ireland,...
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...