Version 1 Málaga
Data Architect with AWS
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this is seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
As the volume of data managed by Version 1 customers continues to grow, many organisations struggle with defining their strategy, and shaping the technology solutions that will enable them to fully realise the value of the data they hold.
This role will work at the forefront of Version 1’s mission to prove that IT, can make a real impact on our customer’s business. You will work with customers in a variety of industries to help shape their data strategy and the technology solutions that support them.
We’re looking for a passionate, experienced data professional, with excellent consulting and communication skills to help the customers on their data journey.
You will be responsible for the design of solutions using Version 1’s approach to the Modern Data Platform. This will include:
- Understanding the information needs of our customers and defining the technology solutions to address them.
- Shaping Data Strategy for medium and large organisations in the Public & Private sector
- Defining standards, principles, and reference architectures for Version 1 data solutions.
- Design of enterprise data models and Data Lake, Data Fabric, and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Implementing Data Governance frameworks that focus on how Version 1 customers can unlock value from their data.
- Specification of ETL pipelines, data integration and data migration approaches.
- Design & implementation of Master data management solutions.
- Specification of Data Quality Management methodology and supporting technology tools.
- Development of proposals, tender responses and other commercial documents as part of the presales process.
- Experience in shaping Data Strategy & Enterprise Data Architecture.
- Deep understanding of the DAMA Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK), experience in assessing an organisation’s maturity level against this framework, and developing recommendations & strategy based on this assessment.
- Must have hands-on experience Architecting and delivering solutions using the AWS Analytics platform including some of the following: AWS S3, AWS RDS, AWS Glue, AWS Redshift, AWS Kinesis, AWS Lambda, AWS Managed Kafka, AWS Sagemaker, AWS Athena.
- Experience in designing, planning, and implementing data integration solutions using technologies such as Talend, Azure Integration Services.
- Knowledge of modern Data Lake & Data Fabric design patterns with demonstrated real-world experience including Databricks Lake house
- Knowledge of multiple data warehouse design methodologies (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault) and real-world experience
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence & Data Visualisation solutions such as Power BI, Tableau, or Quicksight.
- Experience in implementing Master Data Management & Data Quality solutions and integrating these into enterprise data solutions
- Please submit your CV in English
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Version 1 saw employer awards success in 2022, achieving 12 Great Place To Work® awards this year. This recognises Version 1’s commitment to Excellence around the globe including India, Ireland,...
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...