Version 1 Cork
Senior .Net Consultant
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
You will be responsible for our technical solutions across different projects and will typically involve the following:
- Designing and implementing Microsoft technical solutions (E.g. .NET, Azure, O365, SharePoint, SQL Server)
- Working with a large team to deliver a range of programmes across multiple sectors
- .NET applications development, test and deployment
- Assist senior management in identification of team training needs
- Analysis of requirements and production of specifications and reports
- Documentation of solution (e.g. design, architecture, configurations, and setup etc.)
- Experience in working within a project management/agile delivery methodology
- Responsible for the technical decisions affecting the team
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively within a high-performance team
Examples of technologies the team support include: .Net Applications (IIS), Azure SAAS/PAAS., C#, VB.NET, Angular JS, JQuery, Bootstrap JS, HTML5, CSS3, Android, Raspberry PI, Sharepoint and O365.rk an advantage
- Hands on experience with design and delivery of enterprise-level Microsoft Applications solutions
- Hands on experience with working with clients to ensure regulatory compliance(e.g. HIPAA an advantage) in the delivery of solutions
- Experience in .NET/Azure upgrade projects
- Experience of working in a team of technical resources and developing junior and other senior people on the team
- Experience and demonstrated competencies with systems integration an advantage
- Experience on projects across a variety of industry sectors an advantage
- BSc in I.T-related discipline required; MSc in Cloud Computing desired
- Candidates should have 5+ years of Microsoft Applications professional experience across a range of technologies including some or all of the following;
- C# .NET, VB.NET: MVC, MVVM, web services
- MSSQL Database design
- Azure PaaS & SaaS: IoT hub, Web API, Data Stream Analytics
- Scripting & Reporting: Powershell & SSRS
- Version Control/Repository: Team Foundation Server 2015
- Experience with ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework
Here's what else we offer:
- Remote/hybrid working - your choice! Check out our office locations
- Employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and CallOut which are awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
- Great Place to Work award winners - United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Spain and India
- Private healthcare cover
- Life Assurance
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Pathways Career Development Quarterly
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: February 23, 2023
Version 1 is Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™
Everyone here at Version 1 is delighted to share the news that we have been named Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™ for 2023. Before jumping into our thoughts on receiving this phenomenal recognition,...
News: February 7, 2023
Version 1 Certified as a Great Place To Work® in Spain
This is a remarkable achievement as it is the first time Version 1 has participated in the prestigious Great Place To Work® Spain programme.
Blog, News: December 19, 2022
Version 1 Achieves Excellence With 2022 Employer Awards Success
Version 1 saw employer awards success in 2022, achieving 12 Great Place To Work® awards this year. This recognises Version 1’s commitment to Excellence around the globe including India, Ireland,...