Version 1 Redditch
2023 West Midlands Version 1 Digital Academy / Early Careers Programme
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
- 5th Best Large Workplace in the UK
- 1st Best Place to Work in Ireland #GPTW2023
- Best Workplace for Women 2022 in Ireland
- 10th place in Glassdoor Top 50 UK companies
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle, Microsoft & AWS partner
- Market leader in Oracle ERP and Cloud Applications
- Consulting, implementation and support services
- 3000 strong employees,€255m/ £220m revenue business
Version 1’s Digital Skills Academy will push you beyond your barriers. Our revamped programme is designed to upskill our Early Careers Associates in cutting edge technologies to continue to deliver high quality services for our customers.
Here in Version 1, we have teamed up with training providers to design academies that develop your IT skillsets and ensure you come out with industry recognised certifications. With our Strength in Balance ethos at its core, the programme will provide an Early Careers framework for the first 18 months of your career at Version 1, with the opportunity to build a strong network with your peers across the business while progressing your career in technology.
In Version 1 we want to make sure career in technology is accessible – so our Academy is open to all*:
- those starting out from college,
- those looking for a change in career,
- those who are returning to the workforce after an extended period or
- those that have existing technical skills and want to experience a culture of recognition and reward.
With the support from our Early Careers team and accredited training providers you will undertake a 12-week virtual training course – during the course you will be paid a training allowance.
- First 8-weeks consists of general learning about different technologies and organisational concepts. You will meet Version 1 Mentors and Senior Technologists to learn how to practically use new skills in a Consultancy role. Also you will work with great trainers on your presentation and customer facing skills which will be part of the Design Thinking week. There will be week dedicated to the delivery of Business Analysis & Project Management syllabus. The Academy includes Company Days at your local Version 1 office, where you will have the opportunity to meet the Early Careers team, Version 1 colleagues and other Academy Associates. We pay for your certifications across our Partner Network: UK & Ireland’s premier Microsoft, AWS & Oracle partner, and many more…
- The last 4-weeks will specialise in a specific technology, such as Java, .Net, DevOps or AWS
We want to invest in you and help you to kick start your career in technology at a Great Place to Work – so upon successfully completing the Academy you will be offered an interview that will open an opportunity for permanent employment in Version 1 as an Associate Consultant.
We're looking for applications across West Midlands area for the Academy kicking off 10th of July 2023 - so if you’re interested in pursuing a career in tech then apply today! We can’t wait to meet you!
Academy training is funded by the West Midlands Combined Authority - to secure a place you need to reside in one of the below Local Enterprise Partnership - Areas:
- Black Country
- Coventry and Warwickshire
- Greater Birmingham and Solihull
Please provide your post code when submitting your application for the academy.
Applications for this Academy are closing 16th June 2023!!!
Willingness to travel across the Version 1 organisation is a key requirement.
*Here’s what we’ll be looking for:
- University degree classification 2:2 in any discipline or a Level 5 qualification in an ICT or STEM subject
- eligible to work in the UK and/or Ireland
- eligibility to travel or relocate across our offices in the EU and UK
- an added bonus if you have previous IT work experience
Check out our dedicated Digital Skills Academy website:
Version 1 Digital Skills Academy
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- Great Place to Work®
- Great Place to Work® Workplace UK (2019-2022)
- Great Place to Work® #1 Mid-size India (2022)
- Great Place to Work® Europe (2022)
- Best Workplaces for Women award, Ireland & UK (2022)
News & Insights
Blog: May 25, 2023
Tech, Tools and Talent – Developers Survey 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...
News: February 23, 2023
Version 1 is Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™
Everyone here at Version 1 is delighted to share the news that we have been named Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™ for 2023. Before jumping into our thoughts on receiving this phenomenal recognition,...