Version 1 Edinburgh
Department: Operations (HR, Finance, Marketing)
"Version 1 has celebrated over 25 years in the IT industry and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success. Version 1 is a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1.
Version 1 as a consultancy and a service provider, we are a digital-first environment and we do things differently. We are focused on our core values, and using these we have seen significant growth in our UK Digital, Data and Cloud Practice in the 4 years since inception. Our UK Digital, Data and Cloud business is now preparing for the next phase of expansion, opening new opportunities for highly skilled technologists and leaders to join one of the fastest-growing consultancies in the UK.
A few of our awards are the AWS Migration Partner of the Year - EMEA at AWS Re: Invent 2022, Best Workplace™ for Women UK 2022 By Great Place to Work® and Top 10 in Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Awards 2023."
- Assist in the preparation and submission of VAT and other returns
- Balance sheet management – reconciliation of several accounts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly accounts
- Assist with Accounts Payable process for a number of entities, including but not limited to invoice coding, review of invoice approvals, invoice postings etc.
- Record bank transactions and processing bank reconciliations
- General ledger accounting – posting of accruals and prepayments
- Liaising with auditors on the audit of the statutory entities and assist with the Group audit
- Ongoing projects and ad hoc finance duties
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA).
- Competent Excel skills - confident with VLOOKUP's, pivot tables formulas and graphs.
- Practical experience with financial systems. Version 1 use Oracle NetSuite and Adaptive Insights - any similar financial system is also acceptable.
- Be capable of working to deadlines and have the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter, that actively solves issues quickly and pays particular attention to detail.
- Team player who demonstrates strong drive for results, shows leadership, and possesses strong negotiating skills.
- Always shares information for the good of the business.
- Resonates with our Core Values – Excellence, Drive, Personal Commitment, Customer First, No Ego, Honesty & Integrity
"At Version 1, we believe in providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes their well-being, professional growth, and financial stability.
One of our standout advantages is the ability to work remote or with a hybrid schedule along with business travel, allowing our employees to strike a balance between work and life. We also offer a range of tech-related benefits, including an innovative Tech Scheme, Octopus Car Lease, and MyGym Discounts to help keep our team members up-to-date with the latest technology.
We prioritize the health and safety of our employees, providing private medical and life insurance coverage, as well as free eye tests and contributions towards glasses. Our team members can also stay ahead of the curve with incentivized certifications and accreditations, including AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, and Red Hat.
Our employee-designed Profit Share scheme divides a portion of our company's profits each quarter among all full-time employees. We are dedicated to helping our employees reach their full potential, offering Pathways Career Development Quarterly, a program designed to support professional growth."
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- Great Place to Work®
- Great Place to Work® Workplace UK (2019-2022)
- Great Place to Work® #1 Mid-size India (2022)
- Great Place to Work® Europe (2022)
- Best Workplaces for Women award, Ireland & UK (2022)
News & Insights
Blog: May 25, 2023
Tech, Tools and Talent – Developers Survey 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...
News: February 23, 2023
Version 1 is Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™
Everyone here at Version 1 is delighted to share the news that we have been named Ireland’s #1 Best Large Workplace™ for 2023. Before jumping into our thoughts on receiving this phenomenal recognition,...