Version 1 Birmingham
Senior Delivery Manager - Talent Pipeline
Department: Sales & Customer Success
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
- No 1 Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2023 !!
- 6th Best Large Workplace in the UK
- Top 10 in Glassdoor Top 50 UK companies
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle, Microsoft & AWS partner
- Market leader in Oracle ERP and Cloud Applications
- Consulting, implementation and support services
- 3000 strong,€255m/ £220m revenue business
This is a Talent Pipeline role, this is not a live role and we will be in touch when an appropriate role becomes available.
With a focus on Cloud Migration with AWS/Azure and Digital Transformation with SDLC, TDD and Agile, Version 1 is looking to expand our team of experienced Delivery Managers and Project Managers.
Managing and maintaining the pace of their team, while setting and maintaining client expectations, our Delivery Managers ensure a clear path to delivery by removing blockers.
- Establishing, building and maturing relationships with new customers
- Delivering effectiveness and creating new opportunities
- Drive projects forward on time, to budget and best quality
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- People development and management
- Weekly overview and delivery assurance meeting
- Standard Delivery Manager duties including project scope, detailed project work-plan, RAID analysis, governance, documentation and risk management
- SC eligible
- Consulting Mindset/Experience
- Technical project management experience and the ability to manage projects no matter what the technology involved
- Experience in delivering Software Development or Cloud Migration projects
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Public Sector experience
- Agile experience and experience of running Agile projects
- Software Delivery Life Cycle experience SDLC
The role you're interested in is classified as a Talent Pipeline opportunity. It's not currently open, but we'll keep your details on file and notify you when a fitting position becomes accessible.
At Version 1, we believe in providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes their well-being, professional growth, and financial stability.
One of our standout advantages is the ability to work remote or with a hybrid schedule along with business travel, allowing our employees to strike a balance between work and life. We also offer a range of tech-related benefits, including an innovative Tech Scheme, Octopus Car Lease, and MyGym Discounts to help keep our team members up-to-date with the latest technology.
We prioritize the health and safety of our employees, providing private medical and life insurance coverage, as well as free eye tests and contributions towards glasses. Our team members can also stay ahead of the curve with incentivized certifications and accreditations, including AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, and Red Hat.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
News & Insights
Blog: July 13, 2023
Read time: 3 mins The definition of Gen Z isn’t clear-cut but most researchers now typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years for Gen Z. To that end the Pew Research Centre...
Blog: May 25, 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...