Version 1 Bengaluru
Principle Oracle Cloud Technical Consultant
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is a Technology Services company, delivering impactful change to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing digital-first world. We have recently hired our 3000th employee, doubling in size since 2020. We plan to triple in size in the next 5 years. We are 12 years a Best Workplace in Ireland (GPTW 1st place), 5 in the UK (GPTW 5th place) and 1 in India (GPTW 1st place).
We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver. We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big, and we hire great people.
We believe in continuously improving to make a real difference to the careers and work environment of our people. Being a Great Place to Work involves listening to our people and ensuring they are Trusted and Empowered. We are an open and transparent workplace. We have open-door management and balanced policies. Constructive feedback is encouraged and welcomed at all levels.
- No 1 Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2023 !!
- 5th Best Large Workplace in the UK #GPTW2023!!
- No 1 Best place to work in India #GPTW2023 !!
- 10th place in Glassdoor Top 50 UK companies
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle, Microsoft & AWS partner
- Market leader in Oracle ERP and Cloud Applications
- Consulting, implementation and support services
- 3000 strong,€255m/ £220m revenue business
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are seeking a 10+ years experienced Oracle Cloud Technical consultant to join our growing Oracle Cloud Consulting Practice. As part of this role you will:
- Architect level technical knowledge of Oracle SaaS and PaaS, Experience in implementing and running PaaS solutions such as Oracle Integration Cloud/SOA, MFT, IDCS and integration to Oracle SaaS products and end to end data migration experience across Oracle Clous Modules from EBS/Other ERP Products.
- Should have experience in Managing and leading a team size of 5 to10 oracle cloud technical consultants in implementation project.
- Should be able to mentor and build the technical team and helping them through the continuous development process in their professional career.
- You’ll be an experienced Technical Lead and have led and directed teams consisting of both customer and SI resources in complex project environments where Oracle Cloud Applications have been deployed.
- You’ll be a hands-on technical leader in defining and delivering solutions and driving a culture of continuous improvement and strong communications and collaboration among the technical team
- You will ensure work is delivered to timeline and budget and identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early.
- You will play a key role in the production and maintenance of the technical artefacts needed to deliver our solutions, ensuring our solutions meet the high-quality expectations of our customers
- Technically Strong with Expert Skills in SQL, PLSQL, Java, OAF, OIC, VBCS, Reports, Extensions and Customisations in Cloud.
- Ability to relate the product functionality to business processes, and thus offer implementation advice to customers on how to meet their various business scenarios using Oracle SaaS/PaaS ERP products.
- Conduct workshops and advise the client on the best practices for adoption of the solution
- Configure the system to match the business requirements and system design
- Demonstrate the solution in design playback sessions
- Create workbooks and documentation to support the system design
- Build trusted relationships with the client and manage their expectations on delivery within the scope
- Transfer product knowledge to the project team and to the client via knowledge transfer
- BE, BTech, MCA or equivalent preferred. Other qualifications with adequate experience may be considered 10+ years relevant working experience
- You’ll be a strong planner, comfortable with estimating and preparing delivery plans and executing them and have experience in motivating a team to deliver to deadlines
- Must have good hands-on experience in BI Publisher reports, Bursting, Good RTF customization knowledge in Fusion and PaaS environments for Fusion ERP modules (AP, AR, GL, FA, CM, INV, Proc & HCM). Technical Expertise in building interfaces and extensions using Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC), and VBCS.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) for building and migrating resources.
- Completed more than one full end to end implementation project in the capacity of Senior Oracle Cloud Technical consultant.
- Positive, dynamic, and flexible attitude
- Proven ability to work well as part of a mixed team including Functional Consultants, Project Managers and Technical Consultants (both on and offshore)
- Display a passion for the role and a strong desire to deliver to the best of their ability
- Display persistence to complete tasks and the rigor to ensure the solutions are thoroughly tested
- Ability to accurately estimate the time necessary for the delivery of all technical work
- Documents solutions clearly and shares knowledge freely within our Cloud community
- Able to travel and stay away from home periods of time
- Excellent English language communication skills are a must
At Version 1, we believe in providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes their well-being, professional growth, and financial stability.
One of our standout advantages is the ability to work remote or with a hybrid schedule along with business travel, allowing our employees to strike a balance between work and life. We also offer a range of tech-related benefits, including an innovative Tech Scheme, Octopus Car Lease, and MyGym Discounts to help keep our team members up-to-date with the latest technology.
We prioritize the health and safety of our employees, providing private medical and life insurance coverage, as well as free eye tests and contributions towards glasses. Our team members can also stay ahead of the curve with incentivized certifications and accreditations, including AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, and Red Hat.
Our employee-designed Profit Share scheme divides a portion of our company's profits each quarter among all full-time employees. We are dedicated to helping our employees reach their full potential, offering Pathways Career Development Quarterly, a program designed to support professional growth.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
News & Insights
News: October 18, 2023
Read time: 4 mins We have announced plans for a new technology hub in Birmingham city centre, creating 500 new jobs and placing it closer to our growing West Midlands client base. We already have a significant...
Blog: July 13, 2023
Read time: 3 mins The definition of Gen Z isn’t clear-cut but most researchers now typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years for Gen Z. To that end the Pew Research Centre...