Version 1 Bengaluru
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is a Technology Services company, delivering impactful change to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing digital-first world. We have recently hired our 3000th employee, doubling in size since 2020. We plan to triple in size in the next 5 years. We are 12 years a Best Workplace in Ireland (GPTW 1st place), 5 in the UK (GPTW 5th place) and 1 in India (GPTW 1st place).
We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver. We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big, and we hire great people.
We believe in continuously improving to make a real difference to the careers and work environment of our people. Being a Great Place to Work involves listening to our people and ensuring they are Trusted and Empowered. We are an open and transparent workplace. We have open-door management and balanced policies. Constructive feedback is encouraged and welcomed at all levels.
- No 1 Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2023 !!
- 5th Best Large Workplace in the UK #GPTW2023!!
- No 1 Best place to work in India #GPTW2023 !!
- 10th place in Glassdoor Top 50 UK companies
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle, Microsoft & AWS partner
- Market leader in Oracle ERP and Cloud Applications
- Consulting, implementation and support services
- 3000 strong,€255m/ £220m revenue business
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 is one of a handful of AWS Premier Consulting Partners, the highest tier of AWS Partnership available. You will be working for the Service Reliability Group (SRG) in a dedicated team for one of our largest customers. You will be part of a multi-skilled team providing not only AWS support, but also bringing your expertise to the fore that will inform and shape their digital transformation journey. You will be part of team which is responsible for ensuring the customer AWS estate remains healthy, future proofed, and resilient. You will be working with the latest cloud services, toolsets and utilising best practice approach to automation and infrastructure as code.
The role is varied in scope and technology, and will entail:
· Supporting a large PLC running a multi-cloud estate. Your focus will be on their AWS platform utilising the latest cloud services and best-practice architecture
· Development of innovative solutions in the cloud
· Working with the customer in a partnership model where you support, advise, recommend, and shape their cloud journey
· Developing the AWS Platform with an ‘automation-first’ mindset, using CloudFormation, Ansible and CI/CD pipelines
· Managing 3rd level support issues
· Mentoring of junior team members
- NetApp Certified with 5 years to 7 years’ experience
- Comfortable with BAU NetApp tasks, e.g. :
- Snap mirroring
- NetApp filer node OS patching
- Snapshot creation
- Moving aggregates (tiers) between nodes
- DNS name changes
- Storage device configuration and management
- Linux proficient, preferably certified (minimum 2 years experience)
At Version 1, we believe in providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes their well-being, professional growth, and financial stability.
One of our standout advantages is the ability to work remote or with a hybrid schedule along with business travel, allowing our employees to strike a balance between work and life.
We prioritize the health and safety of our employees, providing private medical and life insurance coverage, as well as free eye tests and contributions towards glasses. Our team members can also stay ahead of the curve with incentivized certifications and accreditations, including AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, and Red Hat.
Our employee-designed Profit Share scheme divides a portion of our company's profits each quarter among all full-time employees. We are dedicated to helping our employees reach their full potential, offering Pathways Career Development Quarterly, a program designed to support professional growth.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
News & Insights
News: October 18, 2023
Read time: 4 mins We have announced plans for a new technology hub in Birmingham city centre, creating 500 new jobs and placing it closer to our growing West Midlands client base. We already have a significant...
Blog: July 13, 2023
Read time: 3 mins The definition of Gen Z isn’t clear-cut but most researchers now typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years for Gen Z. To that end the Pew Research Centre...