Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
Head of Sales - Private Sector
Department: Sales & Customer Success
Version 1 has celebrated over 25 years in the IT industry and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success. Version 1 is a Microsoft partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1.
Version 1 as a consultancy and a service provider, we are a digital-first environment and we do things differently. We are focused on our core values, and using these we have seen significant growth in our UK Digital, Data and Cloud Practice in the 4 years since inception. Our UK Digital, Data and Cloud business is now preparing for the next phase of expansion, opening new opportunities for highly skilled technologists and leaders to join one of the fastest-growing consultancies in the UK.
A few of our awards are the AWS Migration Partner of the Year - EMEA at AWS Re: Invent 2022, Best Workplace™ for Women UK 2022 By Great Place to Work® and Top 10 in Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Awards 2023.
Purpose of role:
Version 1 is a leading technology consultancy operating in the industry for over 25 years, serving over 550 customers globally. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, AWS Premier Consulting Partner, and Oracle Platform Partner, we deliver mission critical, world-class IT solutions that drive customer success. As we continue to deliver significant growth, we are delighted to announce the creation of a new strategic role within our global Digital, Data and Cloud (DDC) commercial team – Private Sector Sales Director.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven, ambitious sales leader to build and manage a high-performing commercial team - growing Version 1’s reputation, relationships, and revenue across key target industries within the private sector, including – Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Retail, Telco, and Legal/Professional Services.
The role is best suited to a well-established sales leader with the drive to take on the challenge of trebling the size of Version 1’s existing private sector business in the coming years in line with Group growth ambitions.
The sales operation in DDC is rapidly growing and the Private Sector Sales Director will ensure the organisational structure, sales processes and cadence are executed to ensure respective teams meet and exceed commercial targets and objectives against pipeline generation, contract closings and revenue growth.
The Private Sector Sales Director will be part of the DDC commercial leadership team, accountable for delivering the Revenue number for the private sector business, driving business growth and scaling the commercial organisation. The successful candidate will possess a proven ability to build relationships with senior customer stakeholders, understand their needs and to close large, complex deals encompassing digital, data, cloud and managed services. Based on this experience through your own career, you will be able to lead and coach a team of sales professionals to drive commercial success and deliver on the Group business growth plans.
- Leading and coaching the private sector sales teams, focused on growing and protecting existing accounts and winning new business in target sub-sectors across UK & Ireland initially, with ambitions to grow the private sector business globally.
- Shaping the global sales strategy for private sector and driving its execution – tracking performance against targets, pivoting where necessary to capitalise on market opportunity, segmenting and expanding the customer base and embedding ways of working that focus on delivery excellence.
- Enabling the private sector sales team to develop competitive pricing strategies and shaping and signing off the commercial approach for qualified private sector deals.
- Acting as executive sponsor for key deals and customer contracts to drive and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction across all private sector accounts.
- Challenging the team to introduce prospects and customers to new capabilities and innovation, shaped by our Office of the CTO.
- Championing a best practice approach to opportunity management – equipping the team to explore routes to market via Version 1 partners and driving excellence in sales execution.
- Collaborating with business leaders across the Version 1 Group to ensure Version 1 always presents “one voice” to the customer and that the team continuously identifies opportunities to cross/up sell the breadth and depth of our portfolio capabilities.
- Crucially, as a senior leader in Version 1, ensure the company’s values and leadership principles are upheld and enhanced where possible.
- Ensuring all private sector contracts meet Version 1 standards and risk requirements, and awarded contracts are successfully executed in line with contractual commitments.
- Ensuring the private sector sales team operate to an exemplary standard at all times – driving and presenting consistently accurate forecast sales data, maintaining high levels of data quality in CRM and bringing to bear sales process best practice.
Experience in sales roles as both an individual contributor and leader, selling technology services such as Application Modernisation, Cloud Transformation, Data & Digital Services to customers in the private sector. A detailed understanding of outsourced managed services is also required.
- Adept at managing, motivating, and scaling sales teams to drive commercial success, instilling a high-growth, high-performance mindset.
- Exceptional commercial acumen and written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound domain knowledge of at least two sub-sectors; Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecoms, Professional Services, Travel & Transportation.
- The drive to bring world class sales processes, accuracy and transparency in forecasting while managing a multi-stream sales organisation.
- Detailed understanding of off-shore and near-shore delivery and commercial models to support onshore capability offerings.
- Strong working knowledge of technology trends & CIO agendas across digital, data and cloud solutions.
- Demonstrable experience delivering sales strategies via partner channels.
- Ability to set priorities and drive results in a fast-paced sales environment.
At Version 1, we believe in providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes their well-being, professional growth, and financial stability.
One of our standout advantages is the ability to work remote or with a hybrid schedule along with business travel, allowing our employees to strike a balance between work and life. We also offer a range of tech-related benefits, including an innovative Tech Scheme, Octopus Car Lease, and MyGym Discounts to help keep our team members up-to-date with the latest technology.
We prioritize the health and safety of our employees, providing private medical and life insurance coverage, as well as free eye tests and contributions towards glasses. Our team members can also stay ahead of the curve with incentivized certifications and accreditations, including AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, and Red Hat.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
News & Insights
News: October 18, 2023
Read time: 4 mins We have announced plans for a new technology hub in Birmingham city centre, creating 500 new jobs and placing it closer to our growing West Midlands client base. We already have a significant...
Blog: July 13, 2023
Read time: 3 mins The definition of Gen Z isn’t clear-cut but most researchers now typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years for Gen Z. To that end the Pew Research Centre...