Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
Department: Sales & Customer Success
Version 1 is a Technology Services company, delivering impactful change to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing digital-first world. We have recently hired our 3000th employee, doubling in size since 2020. We plan to triple in size in the next 5 years. We are 12 years a Best Workplace in Ireland (GPTW 1st place), 5 in the UK (GPTW 5th place) and 1 in India (GPTW 1st place).
We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver. We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big, and we hire great people.
We believe in continuously improving to make a real difference to the careers and work environment of our people. Being a Great Place to Work involves listening to our people and ensuring they are Trusted and Empowered. We are an open and transparent workplace. We have open-door management and balanced policies. Constructive feedback is encouraged and welcomed at all levels.
- No 1 Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2023 !!
- 5th Best Large Workplace in the UK #GPTW2023!!
- No 1 Best place to work in India #GPTW2023 !!
- 10th place in Glassdoor Top 50 UK companies
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle, Microsoft & AWS partner
- Market leader in Oracle ERP and Cloud Applications
- Consulting, implementation and support services
- 3000 strong,€255m/ £220m revenue business
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
We do this while maintaining our focus with core values of Honesty and Integrity, Personal Commitment, No Ego, Customer First, Excellence and Drive.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
• Supporting deal plans and deal qualification.
• Working with the sales lead, account principals and other teams and stakeholders involved in shaping deals to prepare robust (i.e., client-centred, proposition aligned, Classification: Controlled and pain point/benefit-led) deal strategies for new business, renewal, and upsell opportunities.
• Working with the sales lead and account principals to structure new business, renewal, and upsell opportunities, accelerating, where possible, the client’s buying journey.
• Facilitating the governance of new opportunities entering the pipeline to enable consistent deal qualification, ensuring the sales team focuses its time and effort on the right opportunities and recommending course-correcting actions where required.
• Generating performance reports, identifying insights and trends quarterly, including tracking buyer behaviours and trends. Bids, Presentations, and Proposals
• Writing high-quality, compelling bid and proposal content that differentiates Version 1 and articulates what and how we deliver core services and offerings, in the context of the client’s pain points, challenges, and requirements.
• Creating bid and proposal documentation that adheres to Version 1 guidelines and designing new templates to improve bid and proposal content.
• Reviewing offering materials and assessing how key messages can be positioned in sales collateral and bid and proposal content.
• Incorporating key messaging (approach, pains, gains etc.) for Version 1 offerings into bid and proposal content.
• Support identification of new business opportunities, both with new and existing clients.
• Completing Competitor Analysis across our sector and within both new and existing clients.
• Acting as the bridge between the sales, delivery, and the Office of the CTO team, analyzing, synthesizing, and presenting client feedback.
• Working with the marketing and bid enablement team to gain insight from delivery teams, unearthing useful anecdotes
• Understanding of client buyer journeys and procurement frameworks for clients in Version 1’s target sectors, including Government, Financial, Insurance, and Capital Markets
• Strong understanding of the Private Sector and/or Capital Markets
• Detailed oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills. Classification: Controlled
• Experience of creating proposals that can be adapted and tailored to a client organizations specific needs and challenges.
• Design experience to create client presentations that are visually appealing and in line with brand guidelines.
• Ability to work collaboratively across different internal departments and with engineers working in the field to capture insight for content and for bids and proposals.
• Sales governance expertise with experience in qualifying deals and driving deal conversion.
• Critical thinking and ability to challenge stakeholders.
Why Version 1?
Strong Career Progression & mentorship coaching through our Strength in Balance and leadership schemes with a dedicated quarterly Pathways Career Development review
Moments that matter & our enhanced maternity & paternity leave policies for life’s journey
A large training budget for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role. Ways
Wellbeing activities: an innovative Well Tech Scheme, Yoga, Online Fitness
Version 1 Annual Excellence Awards & our ‘ Call-Out’ platform where performance is called out and recognised
Our active ESG & CSR initiative allows you to get involved in local fundraising and development opportunities as part of fostering our diversity, inclusion, and belonging schemes.
- Quarterly performance-related profit share
- Certified Great Place to Work for 10 years in a row
- Career Progression (496 CPD Promotions in last 12 months)
- Flexible and Remote working Options
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Wide range of reward schemes including:
- Version 1 Excellence Awards (annual)
- Fostering several Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging schemes
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing Microsoft Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
PLUS, many more exciting benefits… drop us a note to find out more.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
News & Insights
News: October 18, 2023
Read time: 4 mins We have announced plans for a new technology hub in Birmingham city centre, creating 500 new jobs and placing it closer to our growing West Midlands client base. We already have a significant...
Blog: July 13, 2023
Read time: 3 mins The definition of Gen Z isn’t clear-cut but most researchers now typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years for Gen Z. To that end the Pew Research Centre...