Version 1 Málaga
Senior Rust Developer
Department: Digital, Data and Cloud
Version 1 has celebrated over 26 years in the IT industry and continues to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success. Version 1 has several strategic technology partners including Microsoft, AWS, Oracle, Red Hat, OutSystems and Snowflake. We’re also an award-winning employer reflecting how employees are at the heart of Version 1.
We’ve been awarded: Innovation Partner of the Year Winner 2023 Oracle EMEA Partner Awards, Global Microsoft Modernising Applications Partner of the Year Award 2023, AWS Collaboration Partner of the Year - EMEA 2023 and Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place To Work in UK and Ireland 2023.
As a consultancy and service provider, Version 1 is a digital-first environment and we do things differently. We’re focused on our core values; using these we’ve seen significant growth across our practices and our Digital, Data and Cloud team is preparing for the next phase of expansion. This creates new opportunities for driven and skilled individuals to join one of the fastest-growing consultancies globally.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Rust Developer to join our UK Digital & Cloud Practice . Our Digital Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be an opportunity for you to achieve medium and long-term career goals. As well as fantastic growth opportunities there is the opportunity to work on some really challenging and interesting, large scale transformational and migration projects within both public and private sector.
- Designing, developing, testing and maintaining cloud-based software applications.
- Technical leadership within a team to coordinate and deliver scalable, secure solutions in line with good industry software engineering practices (code quality, CI/CD, security etc).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology
- Experience in technical ownership for a product or software solution, covering design, estimation, shaping and user story/requirement creation
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration, release, support-handover
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 and customer stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, Testing, Product etc
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation and presentations to stakeholders of various technical abilities.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to team members and customers.
- Manage, coach and develop junior members of your team and the wider community
- Fostering a positive working environment and facilitating team collaboration and communication.
- Deep understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including microservices and message-driven architectures
- NFR / Non-Functional requirement understanding and experience developing applications with this in mind
- Application / Digital Services Design experience
- Experience in software engineering practices like Code Reviews, CI/.CD Pipelines and SOLID/DRY principals
- Hands-on developing / coding role using the following technologies:
- RabbitMQ (desirable)
- Experience in estimation and sizing
- Integration experience
- API Design experience
At Version 1, we believe in providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that prioritises their well-being, professional growth, and financial stability.
One of our standout advantages is the ability to work with a remote schedule along with business travel, allowing our employees to strike a balance between work and life. We also offer a range of tech-related benefits, including an innovative Tech Scheme to help keep our team members up-to-date with the latest technology.
We prioritise the health and safety of our employees, providing private medical and life insurance coverage, as well as free eye tests and contributions towards glasses. Our team members can also stay ahead of the curve with incentivized certifications and accreditations, including AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, and Red Hat.
Our employee-designed Profit Share scheme divides a portion of our company's profits each quarter amongst employees. We are dedicated to helping our employees reach their full potential, offering Pathways Career Development Quarterly, a programme designed to support professional growth
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
News & Insights
News: October 18, 2023
Read time: 4 mins We have announced plans for a new technology hub in Birmingham city centre, creating 500 new jobs and placing it closer to our growing West Midlands client base. We already have a significant...
Blog: July 13, 2023
Read time: 3 mins The definition of Gen Z isn’t clear-cut but most researchers now typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years for Gen Z. To that end the Pew Research Centre...