Tips & Tricks
You can only make one first impression - Make sure it counts!
Tips for Applying
Who Do We Look For?
You. We want your passion, your knowledge, your intelligence, your experience. We want your skills! We welcome your integrity, your need to excel and to provide the best service to customers. We desire your innovative ideas, your will to make a difference and your soft spot for technology. We want you because you are an active member of your society and because you care about causes that can change the world, even in the slightest way. We want you because you are you, and we want you to Accelerate!
First and foremost, we want you to be honest. You need to tailor your CV for the position you are going for, and we want to hear all about it; your history, your degree, your passion for IT, everything that leads you our way.
Big one – We’re all about Excellence so make sure you proofread your CV!
Preparing for the Assessment Centres
Know your stuff, and ours too!
Don’t hesitate to talk to us about your CV and how you can match with us. We also need you to be confident you know everything about us so you can check our social media sites (e.g. LinkedIn) as well as our website. We want you to know all about us so you will have an informed decision of how you can fit in.
Making a good first impression
A couple of common tricks that make a difference:
- Be on time – whether that is dialling in if remote or arriving at our offices
- Dress appropriately
- Be honest – ask all the questions you want!
- Be yourself – your personality counts the most!
Minimum academic requirements
- A minimum of a 2:1 qualification or equivalent – attained or expected
- At a qualification level of Honours Degree or higher in an IT course
- Primary degree in a non IT related course and having completed an IT Conversion course (H.Dip) or a Masters in IT
- Graduated in the last 3 years
Please take a few minutes to read the below information carefully to give you the best chance of success. It is, after all, a highly competitive process.
Applying to Accelerate
Step 1: Click “I’m Interested” anywhere on this site once links open.
Step 2: The “Import your profile” screen will open with the options (CV, LinkedIn and Indeed) to complete the application appearing:
Choose the option that has your most recent details.
The Upload Your Resume, Connect with LinkedIn and Connect with Indeed options will pull in your details automatically:
You can edit your details before clicking next to ensure you are happy with the details being submitted.
Alternatively, you can choose to fill manually:
When you are happy, click next.
Step 4: Complete screening questions and click submit:
Once you click submit your application is sent to our Associate Consultant Programme recruitment team for it to be processed.
What Happens Next?
First Round – Psychometric Assessment
If your application meets our requirements (above), you will be invited to complete psychometric (cognitive and personality) assessments.
The Psychometric Assessment is a mandatory and vital part of our hiring process for all roles (from Associate to Director) at Version 1, we ask that you complete this assessment as soon as possible, and within 7 days of submitting your application
You should receive an email directly from Thomas International with a link for you to complete the assessment. Please ensure that you read the instructions and tips that come with that email.
If you experience any internet shortages or technical issues while completing the assessment, please take a screenshot and let us know. We are unable to issue a retest under any other circumstances.
Second Round – Video Interview:
This stage consists of a short Video Interview.
- You will receive a link via email which will allow you to complete this part of the process.
- The email will contain all instructions you need to allow you to complete the process.
- You will need a working broadband connection, a laptop with a built-in camera or webcam, or you can complete it on a mobile device
- The interview will consist of 3 – 4 questions and you’ll have approx. 1-2 minutes to answer each question (so it’s relatively short).
Final Round – Assessment Centre
This stage consists of a group assessment day involving interviews and problem solving exercises:
- Company introduction – Presentation on Version 1 and what we do
- A number of individual & group exercises
- Group interviews
If successful, an offer will be made in the days after.
The assessment centre will either be held remotely over MS Teams (depending on restrictions due to COVID) or will be held in a local office and lunch will be provided on the day.