Migrating Oracle to AWS – Energy
Download Migration Guide
Many Energy & Utilities institutions have, or are embarking on, the journey to Public Cloud. Typically, when financial institutions consider moving Oracle to Public Cloud, concerns will centre on three key areas:
- Licencing impact – How are my licenses affected? Will I remain compliant? What is my license exposure?
- Oracle Support Position – Am I going to be supported? What about my existing support agreements?
- Performance and Availability – Can I architect for the same performance and availability as I have today? Can I do this without affecting my license and support position?
These concerns can ultimately deter financial institutions from considering a move to Public Cloud. In our experience, there are several strategies available to customers that can alleviate concerns, mitigate risk and ultimately help realise the benefit of Public Cloud.
A Version 1 migration of Oracle to AWS is a collaborative process that typically starts with discovery to understand the current position and then, optimization to determine the migration roadmap and project scope. Finally, a technology pilot with tightly defined deliverables will build confidence, knowledge, and skills, while ensuring compliance with organizational policies and regulatory requirements.
AWSExccelerate for Energy & Utilities
Version 1 delivers the expertise and tools to ease your migration from Oracle to AWS:
- Collaborate with Version 1 Oracle Solution Architects and license experts to analyze your current Oracle estate for efficient and safe migration to the AWS cloud.
- Use the automated Version 1 Oracle Reference Architecture to accelerate your cloud adoption journey with a pilot migration.
- Consult with automation engineers to customize your target estate to fit with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Build migration squads with Version 1 experts across the broad range of Oracle technologies.
Why Version 1
Our Agile Methodology
Our unique rapid and high-value engagements for migrating Oracle environments to AWS comprise of the following steps, which can be customised to your particular environment and priorities:
Thorough discovery to unearth a unique solution
Take steps to refine and achieve optimal performance
Rolling out in carefully planned stages to minimise risk
Migrate and monitor your solution as it goes live