Business Strategy & Technology Content
Customised Business Strategy & Technology Content
It doesn’t matter if your background is HCM Cloud, Taleo, ERP Cloud, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft or Oracle E-Business Suite, this additional stream of content provided a range of sessions for everyone. The additional Oracle Applications Day Business Strategy sessions provided attendees with sessions to help them answer common strategy questions and get them thinking outside of the box. Ken MacMahon, Head of Technology and Innovation at Version 1 presented a session on “5 Things They Never Tell You Before You Start Your Cloud Implementation”.
You can view the full list of Oracle Applications Day Business Strategy sessions below, as well as being able to watch them back by filling in the form at the end of the page.
Find out the latest about the event and content with #OracleApps2020 and follow Version 1 on Twitter or LinkedIn.
You can keep up to date with future webinars, events and industry news by signing up to Version 1’s Bytesize newsletter.
Oracle Applications Day Business Strategy Sessions Included
The world was turned upside down a few months ago, with the ripple effect of the pandemic impacting every country, every business and every person. To survive and get back to growth, businesses have to stay nimble, updating existing processes and creating new ones while keeping employees engaged and productive. Learn how Oracle is partnering with our HCM customers to successfully adapt and navigate the new world of constant change and disruption.
This session will review the options when using Oracle Cloud Time and Labor in a Multiple Assignments setting and will specifically demonstrate:
- Identifying the correct assignment when entering time.
- Using different time calculation and time validation rules where different assignments have different set of terms and conditions.
- Approvals options in a multiple assignment setting.
Learn more about Oracle application licensing gotchas, cost optimisation opportunities and how to be better prepared for a vendor audit Hosted by Jenny Brown at Version 1, will share the most common Oracle Application Licensing challenges that we see in our client engagements and share insights on how to side-step pitfalls, take advantage of cost optimisation opportunities and ultimately be better prepared for an Oracle license audit.
- Housekeeping the often-overlooked element within an Oracle Application license estate, which ironically can create the biggest compliance concern when it comes to an Oracle Audit. Learn how to be better prepared with housekeeping tips.
- Roles & Responsibilities another area of complexity that can remain undiscovered until an audit. Management of roles and responsibility assignment within applications is critical to ensuring appropriate license coverage and compliance. Learn more on what to look out for and how to better prepare for an audit.
- Oracle Technology – very often the Oracle Applications, databases and servers are managed by different teams with different responsibilities and objectives. Staying on-top of technology licensing means paying attention to all elements. Learn more about potential areas of concern and ways to avoid non-compliance.
- Moving to Oracle Fusion – license considerations and commercials based on a move to Oracle Fusion. Learn more about license impacts on your on-prem estate and replicating your current application environment in the cloud.
- 3rd Party Support – with pressure on reducing spend and ongoing OpEx, the impulse to consider less expensive 3rd party support for your Oracle estate is difficult to ignore. Understand more about what 3rd party support actually means, the pitfalls and some considerations for reducing ongoing support.
A highly aligned and deliverable cloud strategy can be a key component of an effective digital transformation approach. In this session, Roger Whitehead from the Version 1 Advisory Services Team will explain the key concepts and outline how to define a cloud strategy that fully reflects the business and technical context in which an organisation wishes to operate. He will also illustrate how a well-aligned cloud strategy, regardless of organisational cloud maturity can be successfully leveraged by digital transformation programmes.
As the refresh cycle of Cloud Applications such as Oracle Cloud ERP or Oracle Cloud HCM/SCM moves to quarterly updates, it is important that this update approach is absorbed into the run and operate fabric of the organisation as seamlessly as possible. This means that every quarter each organisation needs to perform resource consuming regression testing on their implementation to ensure nothing has broken due to the changes within the quarterly update. The requirement to undertake expensive, resource intensive, manual regression testing every 12 weeks means that highly skilled employees are not performing their business-as-usual value add roles. This can prove to be a costly overhead that most businesses would like to reduce or remove.
Since the testing performed every quarter utilises the same set of manual test scripts, an automated suite of tests could be developed to optimise the execution of this suite and executed on a quarterly basis. These automated test scripts can be modified as needed if the business need changes. Version 1 aims to solve this problem with the Maximise: Automated Testing solution, which can be developed to automate tests on Oracle Fusion Cloud and more.
An overview of some of the capabilities of Oracle Integration Cloud, including adapters for Oracle Cloud and On-Premise technologies, File Server, App Driven and Scheduled Orchestrations and how these can be utilised for Oracle Cloud migrations or integrating with 3rd Party Systems.
In this talk we will share some of the lessons learned, unexpected benefits and gotchas people are never told about, or realise will arise, when they go on their first Cloud journey. It can be hard sometimes for customers, bombarded as they are at times, to see beyond the “stock promise” or necessity for Cloud for their organisation. With various sales/pre-sales engagement with Vendors and your partner SIs, how do you elicit the ‘real story’, and how do you use this to position your organisation to anticipate and avoid the “gotchas” and amplify the benefits of Cloud, for the unique needs of your organisation. Having sight of these upfront can help ensure your organisation is better positioned, to realise the real value of Cloud.
Watch Sessions Now
Learn more about our data protection and privacy policies.