Version 1 Redditch
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 are seeking an experienced Technology Principal to join our UK Digital & Cloud Practice.
You will be integral to the growth of the Software Engineering team, working with the Digital and Platform Practice Leads on business development through presales activities, including direct customer engagements, contributing to proposals, and delivering consultancy engagements. The UK Digital & Cloud Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be an opportunity for you to achieve medium and long-term career goals and also shape the Practice’s strategic direction in regard of technology solutions and service lines with a focus on Cloud technology.
The Practice is currently very active in the Microsoft and AWS landscape, driven by a growing demand from our customers for speed of deployment, scalability, and greater cost efficiencies.
Please note that Version 1 are not able to provide employment sponsorship, you must have the legal right to live & work in the United Kingdom
- Minimum 8 years Designing, implementing (when necessary) and delivering enterprise cloud solutions
- Mentorship and Performance Management responsibilities
- Commercial and business awareness to drive Practice growth
- Assist in project forecasting, planning, estimation and delivery
- Contribute to recruitment activities including creation of job specs and conduct interviews
- Digital presales activities in conjunction with the Platform, Advisory Services and Commercial teams, including preparing and delivering presentations and writing of technical and commercial documents
- Working with a diverse client base, and multiple project opportunities
- Be an evangelist for the Modern Workplace and Cloud Digital Solutions, leveraging Automation and Low Code technologies
- Be involved in the tech community and an active observer of latest trends and technologies
- Drive excellence in technical delivery, identify risks early-on, create mitigation plans and recover challenged technical deliveries
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Office 365, Power Platform, and Dynamics 365 is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of Azure Platform
- You will have a delivery focused approach and will understand both the technical and business barriers that can impact on successful Cloud Migration
- Significant solution design experience
- Requirements Analysis experience – Requirements gathering, strong documentation skills, experience of running workshops, presentation know-how
- Self-starter. Can take on assignments, driving through contacting the appropriate parties to get them done and escalate when progress is impeded.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience of Managed Services – Delivery/Support
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals
- Excellent mentoring and skills transfer capabilities
- As a senior level applications consultant, you will possess excellent facilitation and communication skills
- You can deal with all levels of a client organisation, with a proven track record sizing and scoping business requirements into clearly defined specifications.
- A team player and self-motivated, you must demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos.
- You will possess very strong documentation skills, particularly in documenting solutions.
- Experience working across multiple projects, and in a project team environment
UK & I Strategic Talent Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...