Version 1 Successfully Delivers Oracle Warehouse Management System (WMS)
to Major Procurement Organisation for NHS Wales
A major procurement organisation based in Wales has a remit to provide a cost-effective service to the NHS Wales, whilst delivering a purchasing, storage and distribution service for stock items required by Trust.
Our Customer, a major procurement organisation based in Wales had a remit to provide a cost effective service to the NHS Wales, whilst delivering a purchasing, storage and distribution service for stock items required by Trust. Therefore the organisation was keen to improve the accuracy and productivity of the order picking within warehousing. In addition the organisation sought a solution to potentially improve stock checking across all warehouses.
Version 1 successfully delivered the Oracle Warehouse Management System (WMS) along with voice technology capability provided by Voice Insight.
The solution allows warehouse operatives to use a wireless, wearable computer with a headset and microphone to receive instructions by voice and verbally confirm their actions back to Oracle WMS
The combined solution improved the processes in the warehouses by automating information flows and communicating in real-time while exploiting voice technology to use speech recognition and speech synthesis to allow workers to communicate with the Oracle WMS solution.
Real Business Benefits, Delivered
The Oracle WMS and Voice Insight solution offers a number of significant benefits including:
- Fast implementation – no middleware involved, no complex integration with Oracle WMS.
- 60-85% improvement in the accuracy of order picking.
- Order picking speed increased by 25-30% due to the hands/eyes free operation.
- Administrative productivity is improved by the use of paperless order picking.
- With complete integration between the handset and Oracle WMS, the solution will enable real-time stock updating.
- Safety will improve as the hands/ eye free operation leads to fewer accidents.
- Reducing paper will also lead to less waste paper, resulting in a cleaner, tidier and safer warehouse.
- Screen and keyboard options remain fully functional