Version 1 Edinburgh
Microsoft Azure Cloud Consultant
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Microsoft Azure Cloud Consultant. You will join a team delivering transformative Microsoft Cloud services for a key Version 1 customer.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in architecting and delivering Microsoft Cloud projects. This role will primarily be focused on Microsoft Azure solutions, however, may extend into other Microsoft Online Services such as Office 365 and EM+S.
You will be highly proficient working with business stakeholders and directing project teams and will have direct experience of range services from the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform particularly in relation to infrastructure and security related services such as Azure AD, IaaS, Storage, Networking and Azure Security.
Innovation should be at first, thriving to innovate, automate and keen to improve. Keeping updated with the latest releases is fundamental, and willing to test and demonstrate the new capabilities must be part of you.
You will ideally have at least 4 years’ experience and a proven track record of enterprise infrastructure experience with recent focus on Microsoft Cloud platforms. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your deployment automation approaches and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customer.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions across multiple technologies such as Microsoft, Open Source and Oracle.
- Implementation and Delivery of Microsoft Azure projects.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology as part of a wider team.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
- Be part of the third level of scalation for the support team and be able to provide a root cause.
- Direct experience of enterprise solution shaping and Microsoft Azure Cloud deployment architecture development including excellent documentation skills
- Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking, and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access, Azure AD Proxy, SAML and Active Directory Domain Services.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise-level Highly Available solutions.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Terraform, Source Control, ARM templates, JSON, Bash and deployment automation.
- Experience of leading migrations to the Azure Cloud
- At least one Microsoft Azure certification (Not the fundamentals)
- Consultancy services experience
- Windows Vertical Desktop (WVD)
- Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service product such as Azure SQL, WebApps, AppService’s, Azure App Service Fabric, App Service Environment & Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Office 365 products such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business Online
- EM+S products such as Intune, Azure Rights Management and Cloud App Security
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and 3rd party Security products such as, Checkpoint, FortiGate, Cisco ASA, Azure NSG, Azure WAF and Azure Security Centre
- Agile methodology experience
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 8, 2020
IT Service Provider Version 1 today announced the establishment of a Digital Development Hub in Belfast and the creation of 70 specialist IT jobs. The Digital Development Hub will service increased customer...
News: October 7, 2020
Version 1 is delighted to announce that we have been crowned a Great Place to Work in Tech 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time...