Version 1 Dublin
Senior DevOps Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our development team and are now looking for a DevOps Engineer with a strong programming background ideally with Python or Java to join our Cloud Practice team. The role will be building the DevOps Continuous Improvement, Continuous Delivery platform and coding framework that underpins our client’s core products. This role will be supporting the Solution Architect in building the platform/ framework/ DevOps culture.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about automation, creative and innovative, with a track record of fully automated cloud Infrastructure and CI/CD application pipelines. You must be able to demonstrate a mindset for Open Source technologies and have implemented continuous improvement / continuous delivery effectively. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with infrastructure automation as well as Application Continuous Delivery, applied to either Java, NodeJS or .NET technologies.
- Handle Infrastructure as code, contributing to making our infrastructure fully automated, simple, reliable, and easy to operate
- Awareness of industry direction and trends in infrastructure as code tooling and best practices
- Develop and implement systems that aid and facilitate our rapid growth including the implementation of deployment policies, future procedures, configuration management and planning for capacity upgrades
- Design, operate and automate operational tasks, such as Networking configuration, Server provisioning, backup/restore, disaster recovery, monitoring and alerting
- Implement an on-going cloud cost optimisation process
- Implement security best practices
- Working with your agile team colleagues, your technical leaders and the Scrum Master and Product Owner to build quality solutions that are capable of long term testability and growth whilst delivering focused, value driven changes to a high-quality standard
- Help the team avoid performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities and help with architecture decisions while ensuring that applications and services run quickly, efficiently and securely with minimum oversight
- Lead and maintain a clear task backlog with Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in DevOps/Software Configuration Management role
- Programming experience required, preferably Python or Java
- Excellent CI/CD experience with Jenkins/Bamboo/ CircleCI/ AWS Code pipeline
- Working knowledge Docker containers, Kubernetes, AWS ECS
- Excellent Linux experience, and experience in at least one of the following tools: Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Managing the cloud infrastructure as code, using either CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Maintaining highly available and performant environments.
- Monitoring tools, such as Sumologic, Datadog, Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic.
- Managing and deploying AWS Load Balancers, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, S3.
- Managing and deploying Serverless applications: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB
- Familiarity and experience with Agile/SCRUM based development methodology
- Networking, network security and have a deep knowledge of TCP/IP
- Excellent automated builds and deployments experience.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 26, 2020
It can be daunting joining a new company at the best of times, but it is no doubt a harder experience in the middle of a pandemic whilst working remotely. In response, our Support Services, HR and Employee...
Blog: November 23, 2020
At Version 1, we seek the best person for every role – this means the person whose skills best match the job and who can best further our Mission and live our Core Values, regardless of their age, race,...