Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
Business Development Director - Oracle SaaS Cloud ERP and HCM
Department: Sales & Customer Success
We’ve doubled in size since 2020 and we plan to do it all again in the next few years. That growth brings change, challenge, and opportunity for everyone as it evolves, so lots of fun ahead!
We are an ambitious, but core values-orientated global organisation, trusted by global brands to deliver technology services and solutions to drive our customers’ success.
- Number 1 - Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2023
- No 1 Best Place to work in India #GPTW2023
- 5th Best Large Workplace in the UK #GPTW2023
- 10th place in Glassdoor’s Top 50 UK companies
- 3200+ strong, €255m/£220m revenue business
- Oracle ERP Partner of the Year, Global Microsoft Partner of the Year for Application Modernisation, AWS Migration Partner of the Year
At Version 1 we help our clients modernise, accelerate and improve their businesses, using Oracle applications and technology to enable their digital transformation.
We build long lasting relationships based on honesty, integrity, delivery excellence and by placing the customer first and striving to always do the right thing for them.
Our solutions are business-outcome-led, guiding clients on a path of transformational improvement to drive the most value from their investment in Oracle applications and technology.
Purpose of this Business Development Director Role (ideally Oracle SaaS or EBS but an understanding of other ERP/HCM technologies is also very relevant)
This role exists because we need an experienced Senior BDM that will work within our team to drive the next phases of growth for our Oracle Cloud Applications Practice. You will be supported by dedicated Pre-Sales Solution Architects to craft the best solution offering for each customers needs.
Culture of existing Team
Closely aligned sales team with a collaborative approach, focused on both individual and joint success. You can work independently but also access support from a network of people. We are successful within the business (market leader in Oracle ERP/EPM/HCM Applications across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud). However, we are still growing so we are not bound by lots of processes that make it harder to achieve our targets. We try and meet up as a whole group with quarterly socials as a minimum.
This role is suited to someone enthusiastic with a proven track record of success and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
We want someone who is:
- Experienced in ERP/EPM and/or HCM new business service sales is ideal (but an understanding of product implementation services sales for other technologies is also very relevant)
- Experienced in achieving/exceeding sales targets by driving the end-to-end sales process
- Able to sell implementation and managed support services, as well as complementary offerings
- Independent with an entrepreneurial approach to account/lead generation and to develop relationships with our Partner Oracle
- Able to build relationships, excellent communicator who can engage customers and stakeholders
- Skilled with account planning, reporting, and coordinating what assistance you need from other areas of the business such as bid team, Technical/Solution Architects, etc.
- Happy to work with our Technical Experts to drive new and existing propositions
- Comfortable with Contract negotiation
- Native-Level fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience in Public and/or Private sectors, Educated to BA/BEng, BSc Hons
Share in our Success Excellent base salary plus commission with no ceiling & an opportunity to join our new V1 Equity success Scheme
Strong Career Progression & mentorship coaching through our Strength in Balance & Leadership schemes with a dedicated quarterly Pathways Career Development review
Financial benefits including; Pension, Private Healthcare Cover, Life Assurance, Financial advice
Ways of working now with remote & hybrid working options but there is always as a good excuse to get together too
Moments that matter & our enhanced maternity & paternity leave policies for life’s journey
A large training budget for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role. Ways
Wellbeing activities: an innovative Well Tech Scheme,Yoga, sponsored marathon and local team sports
Version 1 Annual Excellence Awards & our ‘ Call-Out’ platform where performance is called out and recognised
Our active ESG & CSR initiative allows you to get involved in local fundraising and development opportunities as part of fostering our diversity, inclusion and belonging schemes.
PLUS, many more exciting benefits… drop us a note to find out more.
Wherever you prefer, we are happy for candidates to work remotely. Members of the existing team collaborate successfully across different locations throughout the UK, Northern Ireland and Ireland. For candidates that prefer working with others - we have offices located in London, Belfast, Edinburgh, Dublin, Redditch, Kent, Cheshire and Cork.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with travel. Expenses will be covered.
Permanent applications ideally. Must have work permit due to timeframes.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
News & Insights
Blog: July 13, 2023
Read time: 3 mins The definition of Gen Z isn’t clear-cut but most researchers now typically use the mid-1990s to mid-2000s as starting birth years for Gen Z. To that end the Pew Research Centre...
Blog: May 25, 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...