Version 1 London
Business Development Director - Oracle ERP HCM
Department: Sales & Customer Success
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivaled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals. We deliver solutions to over 200 customers across all of the Oracle Application Pillars – Fusion Cloud, E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, and Peoplesoft.
At Version 1, you will join a 2500-strong, €240m revenue business that is committed to Oracle Applications which includes E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, HCM Cloud, and ERP Cloud, through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our 400-strong Oracle ERP Practice is continuing to grow at a rapid pace driven by the needs of our customers to deliver solutions to modernise and digitise the back office to provide greater agility and value for staff and customers alike
Purpose of this Business Development Director Role (ideally Oracle SaaS or EBS but an understanding of other ERP/HCM technologies is also very relevant)
This role exists because we need an experienced BDM that will work within our team to drive the next phases of growth for our Oracle Cloud Applications Practice. You will be supported by dedicated Pre-Sales Solution Architects to craft the best solution offering for each customers needs.
Culture of existing Team
Closely aligned sales team with a collaborative approach, focused on both individual and joint success. You can work independently but also access support from a network of people. We are successful within the business (market leader in Oracle ERP/HCM Applications across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud). However, we are still growing so we are not bound by lots of processes that make it harder to achieve our targets. We try and meet up as a whole group with quarterly socials as a minimum.
This role is suited to someone enthusiastic with a proven track record of success
We want someone who is:
- Experienced in ERP and/or HCM new business sales (ideally Oracle EBS or SaaS but an understanding of other ERP/HCM technologies is also very relevant)
- Experienced in achieving/exceeding sales targets by driving the end-to-end sales process
- Able to sell implementation and managed support services, as well as complementary offerings
- Independent with an entrepreneurial approach to account/lead generation
- Able to build relationships, excellent communicator who can engage customers and stakeholders
- Skilled with account planning, reporting, and coordinating what assistance you need from other areas of the business such as bid team, Technical/Solution Architects, etc.
- Happy to work with our Technical Experts to drive new and existing propositions
- Comfortable with Contract negotiation
- Native-Level fluency in spoken and written English
- Desirable: Experience in Public and/or Private sectors, Educated to BA/BEng, BSc Hons
Why Version 1 ?
• Commission with unlimited earning potential based on sales/revenue generated
• Certified Great Place to Work for 10 years in a row
• Career Progression (496 CPD Promotions in last 12 months)
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Employee Discount Scheme - available online and in a wide range of stores
• Flexible and Remote working Options
• Lunch time activities including but not limited to fitness, yoga, financial advice and wellbeing
• Private Healthcare Cover
• Offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role
• Wide range of reward schemes including:
- Version 1 Excellence Awards (annual)
- ‘Call-Out’: platform where colleagues grant you points that can be exchanged for gifts
• Fostering several Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging schemes
• And many more exciting benefits… drop us a note to find out more
Wherever you prefer, we are happy for candidates to work remotely. Members of the existing team collaborate successfully across different locations throughout the UK, Northern Ireland and Ireland. For candidates that prefer working with others - we have offices located in London, Belfast, Edinburgh, Dublin, Redditch, Kent, Cheshire and Cork.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with travel. Expenses will be covered.
Permanent applications ideally. Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...