Version 1 Dublin
Senior Cloud Product Owner and Lead Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we are searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our core values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different, and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
Our Cloud Digital Acceleration Platform, DAPx (www.version1.com\DAPx), instils real digital capabilities within organisations by expediting IT delivery front to back, automating infrastructure and allowing you to move away from proprietary stacks. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cloud Solutions Lead (PaaS and IaaS) to join our Technology and Innovation Practice. A permanent position, you will play a critical role in driving our thriving Digital Acceleration Platform, DAPx, forward.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record delivering full-stack Cloud (AWS/Azure) native solutions in a senior architect, consultancy, or lead role. This role will be a highly dynamic role with day to day responsibilities including a mix of technical leadership, people management and product development. Our Technology and Innovation practice provides, tooling and automation, that brings delivery excellence to our Cloud Platform projects (Azure, AWS and OCI) and practices.
You will be an excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly create and communicate technical designs, issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will have strong empathy and technical people management skills.
You will ideally have at least 10 years’ experience bringing a proven delivery track record for enterprise level projects, with more recent focus on Cloud, specifically Microsoft and/or AWS platforms. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your product delivery approaches and manage DAPx team priorities and performance. You will ensure for DAPx that we continue to deliver a high quality, best-of-breed and a highly performant solution.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Senior Product Owner and Lead Architect for Digital Acceleration Platform (DAPx)
- People Management, including technical recruitment, line management, performance management and mentoring
- Business Development, including Technical Pre-sales, Creation of Proposals, Delivery cost estimation and management for the DAPx platform
- To provide technical architecture and design leadership to a highly skilled and motivated expert technical team, in development of the DAPx solution.
- To work with senior management of Version 1, assisting it as it makes critical decisions, on our Cloud Acceleration Platform (DAPx), technical direction.
- Ensure that DAPx makes use of the newest technologies and industry best practices.
- Leader in a motivated and dynamic tools and automation delivery team, with strong core values that seek to drive customer success.
- Working with wider teams and customers to elicit requirements & assist in developing design specifications for the future state architecture for DAPx. Including support for marketing, sales and support through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management, and project managers.
- Translate product designs into requirements and stories. Create Product detailed backlog, use cases, requirement
- Develop a high-level (12 month) horizon plan, and release plans, for DAPx with functional and non-functional roadmap.
- SME knowledge on roadmap, plan and functional/non-functional scope of DAPx to advise internal teams technical and non-technical.
- Key technical point of contact for partners (AWS and Microsoft) and partner manager to articulate roadmap and awareness of DAPx.
- Drive the development of internal and external training/education materials, for DAPx, to support education/awareness for key teams in Version 1.
- Engage on other Technology and Innovation practice initiatives including comms, blogs, marketing as appropriate and aligned with day-to-day activities.
- 10+ years of experience in information technology – with at least 5 years in application development
- Minimum of 5 years as a full-stack Cloud Infrastructure/ Platform architect OR 5 + years’ experience in a Cloud Solution Architect role in an enterprise IT environment
- 3-7 years of technical product management experience for an enterprise software or network management company
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- A passion for coding and keeping up to date with new technologies, frameworks and techniques.
- Masters degree or equivalent practical experience
You will have:
- Proven consultancy (or industry experience) experience working on Cloud Implementation (IaaS and PaaS) in AWS and Azure, using DevOps methods and tools.
- (AWS/Azure) Cloud Architect certifications.
- Strong and Practical DevOps experience.
- Platform and Application Development Architecture experience.
- Experience in people management.
- Track record in writing BLOGs and presenting at Industry and Peer technology forums / events..
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth, and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Understanding of Microsoft Cloud Platforms products.
- Knowledge of equivalence in other Cloud Platforms, in particular, AWS.
- Own the project estimation for DAPx product implementation.
- Strong experience in some of the following DevOps tooling:
- Azure ARM, Terraform, PowerShell, DSC, Azure Automation, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloud Formation, Artifactory
- Strong experience in application architecture development tools and framework including:
- Java, .Net, Python, Serverless
- Angular, React, JS, API Gateway
- Kubernetes container orchestration, Docker
- Java frameworks (including Springboot), Open API, Microservices
UK & I Strategic Talent Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: November 26, 2020
It can be daunting joining a new company at the best of times, but it is no doubt a harder experience in the middle of a pandemic whilst working remotely. In response, our Support Services, HR and Employee...
Blog: November 23, 2020
At Version 1, we seek the best person for every role – this means the person whose skills best match the job and who can best further our Mission and live our Core Values, regardless of their age, race,...