Version 1 London
Finance Applications Consultant
Are you looking for a new challenge and a change of direction in your finance career? We have several roles available in our Oracle Cloud Applications team for individuals who would like to start a career as an Applications Consultant.
We will provide the training and further experience you need to prepare you for this career. You will embark on an initial 3 – 9-month journey in our Finance Department to broaden your experience. In parallel, we’ll support you to get Oracle Cloud Application certifications and training you need.
Interested? Read on.
Version 1 are a market leader in Oracle ERP consulting, implementation, and support services across all industry verticals. We deliver fully integrated ERP solutions using Oracle Cloud SaaS Solutions and Oracle Technology to deliver modern cloud based solutions and ways of working to our customers increasing productivity through greater self-service, automation and improved access to accurate real time information across the Finance and HR domains.
We work with customers across multiple sectors - Higher Education, Financial Services, Legal, Retail, Manufacturing, Banking, NHS, Police, Local and Central Government.
We don’t just implement these solutions either – we build long lasting relationships with our customers through award winning ongoing support and managed services ensuring our customers achieve the long-term benefits of choosing Oracle Cloud Apps.
The role of a Finance Applications Consultant is the planning and implementation of a software system to make sure it meets the needs of their customers. You’ll take the requirements of the customer and use your understanding of Finance processes to implement the system to meet the requirements. For Oracle Cloud Applications, which is a Software-as-a-Service product, this usually means helping a customer understand how they can amend their existing business processes to adapt to the system to maximise efficiency and effectiveness. These processes include critical end-to-end business process such as Procure-to-Pay, Order to Cash, Record-to-Report, etc.
The types of work you’ll get involved in will include:
- Requirements gathering and documentation for business changes.
- Work with technical consultants to deliver customer requirements and ensure that their new system delivers what they need from a functionality perspective, and that their business processes are seamless.
- Work with your customers to ensure all requests for change are properly designed, assessed, prioritised and managed through to completion.
- Identifying persistent problems and work with your customers to address the root causes.
- Providing your customers with application and functionality training.
- Assist in defining and optimising simple but effective business processes
- Assist with risk management and change management on projects.
To prepare you for this role, you will work within our company Finance department for 3-9 months. This will be tailored to you, depending on your existing experience, to ensure that you have experience across multiple part of a Finance operation. In parallel with this, you will be provided with the appropriate Oracle Applications training and certifications, so that you have both the hands-on Finance knowledge and the functional skills to enable you to be a highly effective Finance Applications Consultant.
What’s in it for you?
· Work with the Version 1 finance team to provide you will a full suite of Finance experience, tailor-made to complement what you may already have gained elsewhere.
· You’ll gain Customer-facing impact and gaining experience in key system implementations with major companies across the UK & Ireland.
· You’ll learn transferrable business, technology and consulting skill
We think this is a really great role for someone looking for a new start in 2021. Here’s what we’re looking for in return:
- We are looking for part-qualified accountants ACA, CIMA or ACCA, who are at latter stage in your qualifications and exam completion who are looking for a career in consulting and technology.
- You’ll want to move your career in a different direction and step into the IT world through our Oracle Cloud Apps Academy. We will really want to understand your motivation here: we plan to put a lot of investment into the people in these roles and we’ll want to know you’re committed.
- You’ll want to work with customers and supporting them in continuously improving their business processes to the benefit of their customers and staff.
- You will be interested in working with and becoming an expert in Financial Systems and Finance Business Processes.
- Willing to travel within UK (when that becomes possible again)
Experience and Skills
- Our Core Values are at the heart of our business and are how we operate every day. Do they resonate with you? If so, you will enjoy working here: Honesty & Integrity, Customer First, Excellence, Drive, Personal Commitment and No Ego.
- You will have some relevant work experience in a Finance or Audit department as part of your accountancy qualification process.
- You’ll be an excellent communicator – both written and verbal skills: you’ll spend lots of time in this role talking to people.
- You’ll have good problem solving skills – you’ll ask the right questions to understand challenges and come up with solutions for customers.
- You’ll be organised: at times, you’ll be working for multiple customers in parallel and you’ll have to prioritise and manage demand and activity carefully and skilfully.
UK&I Strategic Talent Manager
"We are an equal opportunities employer"
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...