Version 1 Bengaluru
SDC Digital & Cloud Services Manager
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1’s Software Development Center (SDC) is built on the core principles of Version 1. Our expertise is deep rooted in the knowledge base built over several years. In keeping with Version 1’s core value of ‘Customer First’, SDC provides a full range of IT services to clients along with resources based in various locations in both Ireland and the UK.
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 is more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Come and join the leadership team that will drive exponential growth. Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
The SDC Digital & Cloud Services (DCS) Manager is an exciting leadership role that has overall responsibility for the entire SDC software development effort for Ireland and UK Digital and Cloud enterprise projects. The role involves building out SDC’s participation and involvement in both Ireland and UK DCS practices, focusing on technical excellence, delivery assurance and successful customer outcomes. The role entails leading, growing and developing a high-performance culture within the SDC DCS teams.
This role will lead and guide the delivery team and work closely with the Project/Programme Managers and Practice Heads for project delivery (timeline, scope, budget, customer expectations). They will retain accountability for quality outcomes.
As a key part of the SDC management team, the DCS Manager will champion the Version 1’s Core Values and will have ownership for the delivery of day-to-day activities including Project/Programme oversight, delivery governance (technical insight, design principles, best practices, quality), financial oversight and supporting operational activities (reporting, controls, forecasting inputs and overall governance). Key responsibilities are:
- Be an evangelist for the Modern Workplace and Cloud Digital Solutions, leveraging Automation and Low Code technologies.
- Be involved in the tech community and an active observer of latest trends and technologies.
- Actively drive demand across the customer base to develop new and existing opportunities. Drive efforts across the teams to challenge for new opportunities including bid work, proposition development, creating reusable collateral and participating in sales meetings with customers/prospective customers.
- Exercise sound judgment in managing and escalating issues and will seek the involvement of appropriate Version 1 stakeholders when required.
- Solving technical issues, problems and conundrums.
- Resource planning and management including roll-on and roll-off of resources, raising resource requests (RFRs and ESRs) as appropriate.
- Recruitment (sourcing & selection) and appointment of hires through Talent Acquisition and WFM functions.
- Staff engagement and management (general communication to teams to update and enforce company themes, meeting and supporting team members as required).
- General administration for staff where there’s line-management responsibility (e.g., quarterly reviews and various approvals).
- The role may include an element of charged activity where the experience and expertise aligned with customer knowledge make you a suitable trusted advisor.
- Solid understanding of Digital (software/application development) and Cloud (Azure/AWS cloud migration) so that you can have maximum impact in understanding what is needed and making it happen.
- Technical and implementation experience of Enterprise Web Applications, including custom components, ideally using Azure PaaS & SaaS.
- This is a role for someone with a proven ability and history of ‘getting things done’.
- Self-starter who will identify what needs to be done, take ownership and drive deliverables to conclusion with minimal oversight.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Ability to recruit and retain a strong team of consultants.
- Experience of working effectively within a team with excellent mentoring and skills transfer capabilities.
- Able to influence, support and drive others who do not have a reporting line to you.
- Strong commercial awareness in order to understand sales opportunity pipeline and impact on recruitment and workforce management requirements.
- Project management skills or as a minimum be a proven organiser and shaper with a history of delivering on time and to budget.
Version1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...