Version 1 Dublin
Utilities Subject Matter Expert
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1’s Software Development Center (SDC) is built on the core principles of Version 1. Our expertise is deep rooted in the knowledge base built over several years. In keeping with Version 1’s core value of ‘Customer First’, SDC provides a full range of IT services to clients along with resources based in various locations in both Ireland and the UK.
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 is more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Come and join the leadership team that will drive exponential growth. Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
You will be required to conduct business development, sell and deliver consulting assignments in Ireland and beyond within the context of strategic, business-driven, technology transformation programs.
The primary focus of your role will be helping our clients to harness technology to solve the business challenges in the areas of Process Automation, Cloud, Customer Solutions and Energy Networks; developing Digital transformation and AI, IoT and Analytics propositions and thought leadership collateral. You should be adept at leveraging your relationships to develop new opportunities.
You will be ambitious and entrepreneurial, inspired by successful business development and excellent execution. You will have a passion for innovation and understand how it can be harnessed to help our customers transform their Utilities business.
Responding to Requests for Proposals and developing formal sales responses
- Support and lead responses to formal procurement processes, for both new and existing Version 1 customers.
- Lead market offerings and the creation of customer proposals for consulting and/or transformation engagements.
- Develop and manage business in the areas such as customer solutions in B2C and B2B, new technology platforms, energy networks, including Smart Grid/Microgrids, Renewables and Distributed Energy Systems and corresponding architectures, operating models.
Managing and supporting engagements.
- Support the design and delivery of customer advisory and large-scale transformations.
- Program/project manage engagements and supporting workstreams.
- Support customers through the engagement lifecycle; from pre-sales assessment to Day 1 execution and into ongoing delivery.
Thought leadership and proposition development.
- Support the development of Value Propositions targeted at the Utilities leadership community that harness emerging and established technologies to meet our customers operational and strategic challenges.~
- Design and develop collateral to sell into the market.
- Advise customers on latest technology and how that relates specifically to Utilities.
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities
- Work hands on as a sector advisor and/or lead delivery teams as required.
- 10+ years’ experience in sales of consulting and technology-led business transformation in the Utilities sector.
- Able to provide direction and coordination across the various aspects of small, medium and large strategy to enterprise architecture engagements.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, such as Cloud, Digital, Mobile, IoT, Analytics & AI.
- Demonstrable ability to develop consulting IP and Market Offerings.
- Successful Business Development history including exposure to each of the various aspects of a typical sales cycle.
- Experience working with an Offshore Delivery Function.
- Well-founded project management skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills, incorporating an excellent command of English.
- Ability to be articulate, present and negotiate options and discuss strategic plans and ways forward.
Version 1 Talent Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...