Version 1 Redditch
Oracle ERP Solution Architect
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1500 strong, €160m/£138m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
As an ERP Solutions Architect, you’ll have extensive financials experience within both Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Oracle ERP Cloud and will provide solution leadership in your role within a wide variety of contexts from pre-sales, through architectural process and tooling design, and customer solution design. You will report to the Head of Oracle Solutions Architecture and work with senior colleagues across the delivery and commercial sections of the practice and be part of a team of 400 ERP consultants across Version1. The Oracle Solution Architecture team (currently 7 strong but growing organically) supports both our Applications Unlimited and Cloud practices, from pre-sales proposals, solution evaluations and recommendations, through to quality assurance, governance, and best practice.
You’ll likely have held senior consulting roles in the past working directly with customers or with other systems integrators, and you will be passionate about defining and developing solutions which meet customer challenges and understand the commercial balance required to deliver these solutions. You will be a high energy, high impact individual comfortable with balancing the demands of multiple assignments and working as both a lone contributor and leading assignments and developing people.
Programme Architectures and Assurance:
- You’ll have responsibility for the solution architectures for one or more of our customers engagements across Oracle ERP Cloud Applications and/or Oracle E-Business Suite, ensuring they will deliver the needs of the customers through a commercially viable approach. You will be responsible for assuring solutions.
- Peer-review designs and solutions and provide constructive practical feedback to enhance the outcome for the customer from a quality, speed, effectiveness, and resilience perspective.
- Identify and manage key risks relevant to the solutions or architectures of engagements.
- Be a leader in providing innovative solutions to customer problems. When our consultants have a complex requirement from a customer that they are not sure can be technically delivered, you will be the one to come up with a way of making it happen.
- You will contribute to the development of key artefacts, methodologies and tools which form solution designs and standards for the delivery of Oracle ERP Cloud solutions. A primary objective of the role will be to enhance our ability to repeat effective approaches, best practices, and delivery models.
- Lead on continuously development and enhancement of new and existing tools or automated approaches which make our solutions compelling for customers.
- Contribute to developing the governance and structure across all solutions, artefacts, and knowledge management tools to maximise repeatability and effective sharing of solutions and resource.
- Provide respected and innovative thought leadership for peers, practice, and our customers.
- Work with our innovation function to continuously look ahead at how we can stay ahead in delivering world-class solutions for customers.
Pre-Sales and business development:
- You will contribute to the technology solution for RFI, RFP and bid responses, helping to deliver creative, engaging, winning bid collateral. Your insight will be one of the reasons we will win.
- Bring knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, budgeting processes and risk management to the creation of a compelling solution and approach for our customers.
- Host customer meetings to understand and articulate business impact of technical strategies or approaches for the customer to guide them to the best way forward for their business.
- Attend conferences, deliver webinars and work with Oracle to develop the Version 1 brand as a leading implementer of Oracle Fusion. You will be sought out as a specialist in this space.
- You will have a strong business financials background, either in management/financial accounting or as an experienced Oracle Financials consultant
- You will need to have deep knowledge of the Oracle ERP Cloud Applications product set and/or the Oracle E-Business Suite equivalent and the associated integration and analytics technologies required to deliver end to end solutions.
- You will have a track record of designing enterprise-wide IT roadmaps for an ERP landscape, and likely experience in the development of roadmaps for enterprises.
- You will have delivered Oracle Cloud and/or E-Business Suite solutions within a multi-supplier, multi-year, multi-release environment.
- You will have knowledge of the business processes within your area of expertise as well as a working understanding of other business process areas.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to land key decisions with C-Suite level senior leaders and key business stakeholders.
- You must have experience in a consulting System Integrator environment.
- You will be able to point to examples where you have influenced additional pull-through business through your work with customers.
- Post Covid-19, you will be happy to travel across the UK and Ireland to customer or prospective customer sites to spend time understanding their challenges and shaping their solutions.
- Experience of working with a remote team to build and deliver solutions.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote but you MUST be UK based (GDPR).
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time. Candidates must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...