Version 1 Dublin
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Tripti Lal Chandwani
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
An exciting opportunity for someone with extensive experience leading technology teams (Software Dev, DevOps/Cloud) who is still hands-on, to translate client project requirements into team deliverables. This person will lead the collaboration of the team to deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes.
At Version 1 Digital and Cloud Services we build applications, transforming businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology, and modern practices for software development.
As a Delivery Architect, you are involved in all aspects of Delivery, Support and Deployment, working directly with Version 1’s clients on a variety of projects and reporting directly to the Portfolio Director. You help our clients translate their business and technical requirements into software applications alongside our Product Owner and technical delivery team.
You will lead high-performing software teams and, where needed, the client’s development teams. Our DAs are outcome-driven and deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes.
- Guide and manage the technical delivery of strategic programs.
- Provide technical and line-management leadership to development teams
- Identify and resolve blockers before they become issues
- Work directly with clients, translating requirements into technical briefs
- Shape and define architectural decisions
- Ensure adherence to best practice and industry standards
- Provide reports to client and in-house leadership to ensure a clear understanding of project status and drive good decision-making,
- Experience working directly with customers and users, and managing software engineering teams
- Strong understanding of best practices, design patterns, open-source technologies, and tools
- Experience in producing and supporting high-quality software/web applications
- Experience with Mobile technologies
- Deep understanding of test-driven development and testing best practices, version control tools, and GIT in particular
- Understanding of cloud technologies and modern DevOps, operational concerns (such as monitoring, performance testing, security considerations, accessibility, GDPR)
- Drive to deliver the highest quality outcomes for our customers
This is a technical leadership/oversight role, so you need to have a background and minimum 8 + years of experience in development that may include some of the following:
- Hands-on experience in Java development, understanding of Spring frameworks including Spring Boot
- DevOps, including Architecture to Infrastructure development, CI and Tooling (AWS preferable)
- Cloud architecture, Administration and Systems Integration
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...