Version 1 Cork
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
Due to on-going expansion, we have an exciting new role for an experienced Business Analyst to work as part of Version 1’s Digital Transformation Team.
We are seeing unprecedented growth across several of our key practice areas. We are looking for talented individuals, who want a challenging, dynamic work environment with honesty & integrity, excellence, and drive amongst our core values as well as a strong emphasis on our people and a work-life balance.
You will help define and deliver a series of diverse key projects with the team. The roles present a dynamic and challenging opportunity to an experienced Business Analyst who wants to develop a closer alignment to our customer’s core business.
- Arrange and conduct meetings, workshops, and presentations for a variety of audiences, demonstrating consistently high-quality communication, elicitation, and persuasive skills.
- Analyse alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Document and map complex business processes and solutions using standard procedures, methods, and tools
- Identify areas for improvement, specify requirements and implement recommendations for increasing effectiveness of current business processes.
- Perform root cause analysis of problems and work closely with business users in order to identify and translate their needs into solution designs and systems specifications.
- Produce detailed Business Requirement Specification Documents and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and signed off prior to development commencement.
- Work closely with developers during the technical design and implementation phases to ensure common understanding, agreement and effective implementation of projects.
- Communicate in a clear and concise fashion to IT and business staff (including senior managers) at all stages of the project lifecycle to gain commitment and minimize the level of resistance to change.
- Support UAT during all phases of testing to ensure requirements as detailed in the Business Requirement Specification document have been delivered and are ready for release.
- Work with IT & Business when new functionality is released to production to ensure a smooth transition to the new process.
- Where necessary devise detailed cut over plans to address potential operational impacts at cutover.
- Strong Business Analysis experience (ideally 4+ years).
- Proven track record in producing high quality Business Requirements Documents, Business Processes Mapping and documentation skills.
- Experience of reviewing Functional Specification Documents produced by peers (Peer Review) to ensure they align with Business Requirements Specification document.
- Has worked on both large scale and smaller projects and been responsible for defining and designing business solutions.
- Previous experience with UML and Use Case Scenarios an advantage.
- An understanding of technology and IT systems.
- Good project management skill with ability to plan and schedule own work and work towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills — be able to explain complicated processes and concepts to non-experts.
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio & Outlook).
Talent Acquisition Team Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...