Version 1 Dublin
Senior Java Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
Version 1 has a strong capabilities program which focuses on the careers of our team. As a senior Java architect, you will be expected to play a leading role in this capability and driving strategy.. For this, we will provide you with a dedicated career plan that will challenge you but will help you achieve what you want in your career and give you the opportunity to shape your career.
You will be responsible for devising the solutions for projects, estimating and subsequently mentoring a team in the implementation. This will require establishing strong working relationships with various stakeholders to ensure successful delivery. One of the responsibilities of the senior architect is to use thought leadership to identify and drive improvements and innovations, both in terms of technology and processes.
Preferred Skills :
- 8 plus years of experience in Java with a minimum of 3 years team lead to experience with emphasis is on the drive, innovation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Expert in Java 7 / 8 development
- Spring frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud for developing REST APIs Microservices
- Testing frameworks and TDD (like JUnit or Mockito)
- Version Control Systems (CVS, Subversion, GIT)
- Application Servers like Tomcat or WebLogic
- Databases: Relational (e.g. Oracle, MySQL or SQL Server) and NoSQL (e.g. HBase, Hazelcast)
- Intimate knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Strong commitment to code quality
- Strong technical and business writing skills
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders
- Experience gathering requirements and translating into technical requirements
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile
Desirable Skills :
- IDEs: IntelliJ, Eclipse or Netbeans
- API Design environments such as SwaggerHub.
- Microservice Architectures (MSA) based on Java.
- Messaging platforms including ActiveMQ
- JVM performance analysis and instrumentation.
- Familiarity with DevOps in general and tools like Docker, Chef, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Build tools: Maven
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins
- Testing: SoapUI/LoadUI, JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber, JBehave, Fitnesse
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: July 14, 2022
What are your background and qualifications? What led you to the career path you’re on now? I’m an Oracle Certified IT professional with 10+ years of experience in Application Development. I graduated...
Take a moment to picture me, Chloe back in the mid-2010s. I am a white, able-bodied, fresh-faced 23 year old female who despite being from Northern Ireland, looks exactly like every other white young female...