Version 1 Dublin
Senior AWS Python DevOps Engineer
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our development team and are now looking for a Senior AWS Python DevOps Engineer. You will be working with architects, technologists and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that our products and solutions integrate with our clients. Additionally, the Senior AWS Python DevOps Engineer will take a lead role working closely with our Operations Engineering team to provide a world-class DevOps Environment capable of handling the anticipated development load.
- Provide technical expertise for provisioning AWS/SaaS and on-premise products
- Strong understanding of the development lifecycle and experience of working under Agile development methodologies
- Lead on the setting and enforcement of standards and practices affecting development of all new products as well as impacting existing ones. Develop these standards in coordination with peers in other divisions.
- Review and evaluate new and existing development and infrastructure code tooling to ensure it meets standards; or for existing products that they will operate within the overall cloud architecture.
- Evangelize the cloud and microservice message and architecture within the development organization and to our field organizations, partners, and customers
- Research new technologies, including hands-on technical evaluation and POCs.
- Create and maintain documentation
- Advocate the AWS Well-Architected Framework & Serverless workloads
- Configure and work with:
- AWS DevOps tooling
- Containerisation technologies (Docker)
- Version control using Git-based repositories (BitBucket/GitHub)
- API-driven and microservices-based architectures
- Development of Python applications with unit tests as-standard (TDD)
- 10+ years of experience in information technology
- 5+ years actively working with AWS workloads; provisioning and/or managing AWS infrastructure
- 2+ years actively developing Python-based Applications (Lambda desirable)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in both legacy corporate approaches as well as experience pivoting to cloud approach.
- In-depth knowledge of Python programming language
- In-depth knowledge of one high-level infrastructure as code software (CloudFormation or Terraform desirable)
- At least one active AWS Associate Certification, AWS Professional Certification desirable
- University degree or equivalent practical experience
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...