Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
Head of PMO
Department: Business Management & Change
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
Achieving our customer success ambition is fundamentally based on the excellence of the solutions we deliver. We have a huge amount of talent in our delivery function. To support them and ensure a consistent customer experience, we must consistently apply world-class methodologies and processes across Version 1.
As the Head of PMO for a Practice, you will be part of the Delivery Assurance team, you will work closely with our Head of Delivery Assurance to develop, establish, and maintain project management standards with processes. Drive consistent methodologies, adherence to and continuous improvements within our processes and procedures to ensure excellence in our delivery to all our customers.
We are looking for two Head of PMO hires, one for the UK DDC Practice and one for the ERP Practice.
- Supporting the Head of Delivery Assurance to drive governance and oversight across the project portfolio in conjunction with the Portfolio Director(s)
- Supporting the weekly RAID & RAG review meetings with the Project Managers & Senior Management team
- Maintenance and management of the project portfolio weekly status reporting pack (Power BI Dashboards)
- Development of various reports for Head of Delivery Assurance, CFO and the Board
- Further development of the Delivery Assurance framework in alignment with Version 1’s 2021 Digital Transformation strategy
- Actively participate in various steering groups across the project landscape.
- Ability to take on Project Management initiatives on an ad hoc basis as and when required
- Presales and Commercial assurance including Project Schedule, Target GP, Risk Assessment and reviewing of Contracts and Proposals
- Performing Project Management Inductions, including ensuring that all relevant processes are communicated and explained for New or Acquired project managers. Enhancements required to the project management induction pack will be fed back to the Delivery Assurance
- Identify, creating and implementing new processes, procedures or methodologies as required by the business to enhance our delivery capability
- Ensuring that lessons learned are performed at the end of a complex project, documented and communicated to the rest of the practice community for inclusion in any future similar estimations, implementations, processes to further improve our delivery capability
- PMO / Project Management Office or Delivery Assurance Experience
- Experience as a Project Manager or a Delivery Manager
- Experience in Microsoft tools e.g. Excel, PowerBI and SharePoint
- GDS / Government Digital Services experience or ERP experience
- Agile and Waterfall Project management delivery experience is essential
- Examples of Continuous Improvement within Project Management
- Presales, commercial and bids experience with the experience to act as the expert from Delivery Assurance
- Highly motivated and good stakeholders engagement skills
Before you apply to our Head of PMO need here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, remote party event and Christmas parties that are now online!
Version 1 is now Digital First meaning remote delivery is always the first option and post-COVID travel will be involved in the role.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...