Version 1 Dublin
AWS Cloud Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1500+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
Due to continued success and growth, we are expanding our development team and are now looking for a Cloud Architect. You will be working with architects, technologists, and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that our products and solutions integrate with our clients. Additionally, the Cloud Architect will take a lead role working closely with our Operations Engineering team to provide a world-class DevOps Environment capable of handling the anticipated development load.
- Architect and provide technical direction for our approach for cloud/SaaS and on-premise products
- Lead on the setting and enforcement of architecture standards and practices affecting development of all new products as well as impacting existing ones. Develop these standards in coordination with peers in other divisions.
- Review and evaluate new and existing architecture and code to ensure it meets standards; or for existing products that they will operate within the overall cloud architecture.
- Evangelize the cloud and microservice message and architecture within the development organization and to our field organizations, partners, and customers.
- Research new technologies, including hands-on technical evaluation and POCs.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Multiple years’ experience designing and running production workloads in AWS.
- Hands-on experience with core AWS services, including running containers on ECS and functions on Lambda.
- Ability to design and build CI/CD pipelines with CodePipeline/Build/Deploy or Jenkins.
- Experience running Linux and/or Windows environments.
- Ability to design highly available and performant solutions in the AWS.
- Working knowledge of database technologies.
- Strong skills with scripting technologies, such as Python, PowerShell, Bash, Ansible.
- Experience writing IaC with CloudFormation/Terraform.
- Working knowledge of version control systems.
- Experience with the AWS Well-Architected and Cloud Adoption frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills directed at both technical and non-technical team members/clients.
- Ability to identify priorities and plan effectively.
- AWS knowledge and certifications: Solutions Architect, DevOps, Security, Network.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...