Version 1 Redditch
ERP Test Manager
Department: Oracle Applications
Version 1 is ranked as a Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
On top of this we won 2 specials awards: Version 1 was welcomed to the Great Place to Work Institution's 'Best Workplace Laureates'. & we won the 'Inspiring Award for 2021' for our #ShadowBoard initiative.
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1800 strong, €200/170m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding Oracle Applications Practice. We are currently ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this last year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
- Highly skilled Oracle ERP Test Manager/Lead
- Responsible for end to end test management
- Test strategy including supporting test planning and test scripting best practices
- Test design and Test execution with test reporting and defect logging processes including coordination between upstream and downstream systems for testing
- Comfortable managing a hybrid team of test analysts and client end users/Subject matter experts
- Ability to work independently and remotely, with willingness travel for client engagements as needed.
- Create Test strategy and test plans.
- Coordinate defect triage meetings.
- Risk Management, Mitigation & Client Communication and Co-ordination.
- Build test strategy, test plan and schedule based on the overall project timelines.
- Coach teams in Test scripting best practices.
- Familiarity with automated testing solutions.
- Review of all test artefacts like test scripts, test logs, defect logs and test summary report.
- Coordinate and support SIT and UAT lead for SIT/UAT planning and execution.
- Staffing the project with Version 1 resources, and working with Clients and Third Parties and manage their activities to ensure an on-time completion of the project.
- Adhere to Version 1 standards and policies.
- Assist in the support and training of fellow colleagues.
- Remain product knowledge current.
- Performance Indicators / Targets.
- High customer satisfaction ratings (internal & external).
- All project related activities delivered efficiently as part of a recognised Project methodology.
- Quarterly objectives set during appraisals are met.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Qualities:
- Test management and defect management.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in ERP testing environment of implementations, upgrades with knowledge and experience of multiple ERP modules environment with experience of at least 1 full upgrade or implementation project testing lifecycle.
- Experience with Oracle ERP testing such as JD Edwards or eBusiness suite.
- Desire for excellence.
- Able to identify and solve problems.
- Innovative thinker; able to turn customer requirements into workable solutions.
- Flexible but methodical and thorough approach; excellent organizational and analytical skills, process-oriented.
- Able to demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Excellent time management skills; able to work under pressure, can meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, solution-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels (internal & external). Excellent spoken and written English.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, 24 days annual leave, pension, private medical, flexible working policy, and more.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote but MUST be based in the UK for GDPR compliance.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time. Candidates must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...